Hello all! New to Doha.

Hey All,

I'm a 27 year old male just moved here to get away from the hectic life back home :)Just a bit of time to chill, relax and enjoy myself. Not sure as to whether i'll be staying in Doha for long or not, It all depends on the next few weeks.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback as to where I can find some casual night-life and things to do while i'm here (or to persuade me to stay). Maybe meet up with a few like minded individuals.

many thanks ;)

Mike

(That's me on the left, taken 2 days ago at my farewell)

Hi Mike

Welcome to Doha!! iv been living here for 2 yrs so be glad to let you know about the nightlife etc.

Clubs - there are many night clubs in the hotels, you need membership for most of them or your passport/id (not copies). Also it is good to go with some ladies as groups of men are sometimes not allowed to enter. all of the clubs are rave, techno so it you like indie/rock theres none here. there are clubs - qube (ramada), lava/paloma (old intercon), wahm and crystal (w hotel), irish bar (sheradon) and loads more.

There are other things you can do at night besides drinking - desert camping, BBQ, walking along the corniche, going to souq waqif for dinner and shisha (flavour tobacco). You could also go on a dhow boat for some food, music and drink.

Buy Timeout Doha and that will let you know about events that are happening here.

There are things to do, you just have to make your own entertainment :)

hope this helps
Ally

Hey Ally!

Thanks for your reply, and for your warm welcome! I'll def check out the places you suggested, when is usually the best day to go? I hear Thursday's are the 'pumpin' nights over here. However i'd also like a few 'more relaxed' nights in the clubs/bars.

Also if I do go alone (as I have yet to make friends) do you think I will have any problems getting into any of the aforementioned venues?

Thanks again ;)

Mike

Welcome to the blog Mike :)

Thanks Mrayes! :)

Hi Mike

Thursday and fri are the busy nights in Doha but there are special nights you can go to during the week as well.

Relaxed nights are mostly during the week and sat as everyone is not wanting to have a hangover for work :)

um..im not sure i think you should be fine but it just depends on the bouncer. they are usually abit more picky when it is ladies night - check Timeout Doha mag for the days.

Hope this helps
Ally

Hi Ally,

Was looking for same info and your answer is perfect :)

Ill be arriving to Doha on the 15th for work and wanted to know more about the nightlife.

Btw anything interesting to do in the Pearl?

Thanks

Ali

Hi Ali

thanks glad the info was helpful!!

At the pearl there are high end shops and restaurants. some of the restaurants did have alcohol licenses however due to some annoying drunk people there is no drinking allowed there anymore :(

it is beautiful at night to walk along the shops and near the massive boats that are there.

Ally

Oh thats bad :S

Anyway again thanks for the info and hope to see you in Qatar :) soon

Ali