İ need you info and advice

Hello, we are moving to Philippines soon and İ need your help. Would you please advise a nice,developed area to rent a big house with some garden? İ don't know where we should live, my husband' s work will be mainly in Batangas but he will need to visit Makati office sometimes as well. We are used to a certain comfort level in our life and would like to live in a good safe area with developed infrastructure. İ heard that Makati has nice condominiums.Do you know any other condominiums closer to Batangas city?or it is ok to drive every day from Makati to Batangas? İ will appreciate any kind of information

If your going to have a driver and you don't mind commuting then Rockwell is a very good option, Rockwell is in makati Manila.. But to be honest in my opinion it's too far too commute every day..

I dont know much about batangas maybe others on Expat.com will know more about the gated residences and communities down in batangas..

Google is your friend for research on brokers etc
There are plenty to choose from but set yourself a budget and stick to it.. Plus be very specific on what you are looking for when speaking to the brokers

Hi!

If your Husband's work is going to be in Batangas and you need to go to MAkati every now and then, either Makati or Alabang, Muntinlupa would be a good place for you.

You might want to check out this website for properties/ houses and COndominiums.  From what I heard, their main clients are expatriates/ diplomats: egroupproperty.com.

Alabang would be a very good choice and affordable. Houses are designed Western style. Its a secured community, about 1 hour to Makati straight up SLEX. 30 minutes to Batangas down STAR.

Hi, I am from Ukraine too even though live in US for about 8 years now, we are moving to Manila June 8, we already rented the condo in Greenhills. If you would like to talk a little,  let me know. My name is Aliona , I'm 38 ,married with 3 kids.

Greenhills is nice area. It is up on EDSA, so not convenient if one needs to commute to Batangas as EDSA is a mess. Commuting to Makati is fine.

Walena, whereabouts in the US did you live?

Don

I think Cavite would be a good option, it is only an hour drive going to makati and 1/2 to 2 hours drive going to batangas. If you are looking for a place that is quite a "middle point" for batangas and makati. I think Cavite will do.. plus there are many affordable apartments and even house with a garden. and it's pretty accessible, in case you do not want to drive there are buses and vans here going to makati as well as going down south to batangas.

Thanks for suggestions, we would like to rent a good house even if it is expensive but it should be in a safe and very developed area

Sorry for the late response  we moved to Manila less then a week ago and my internet started to work only today. In the US we lived in Chicago, California ( Orange county), and then in Alabama. It has been a few crazy days so far here in Manila, can't wait to settle down and relax a little :).

Vic76 wrote:

Thanks for suggestions, we would like to rent a good house even if it is expensive but it should be in a safe and very developed area

If money is no object  Forbes Park. On EDSA, so easy to access SLEX to get to Batangas and close to Makati. Its as safe an secure as can be (where all the elite live).

Alabang will still be my first choice given need to be in Batangas and Makati. If you will spend more time in Makati, then also consider Salcedo Village or Serendra/Pacific Plaza/Essenza/One Roxas which are the top condo developments. Condos will be more secure than houses.

I would assume you will have temporary housing for a month, so should be able to find a place fairly easily. In all fairness, Most parts where expats live are very secure. Traffic & schools are the major consideration.

I'd recommend Alabang area as it is between Makati and Batangas.

I recommend to rent big house in batangas coz the ambiance is quite better in province rather in crowded city. And in fact, it very easy to reach Makati, it will be just an hour if u will have your own wheels.

Hi Vic,

It's good to know that you are moving here in the Philippines!

Please let us know which part of Batangas will you be working so we can advise you appropriately on the locations you can choose from. Commute to Makati will be easy if you are nearby the SLEX, and I am presuming that your transportation fees are covered by your company because the TOLL fees are quite expensive. Please PM me your work location in Batangas and Makati, your preferred budget range so we can send in more information and refer you to a reliable and trustworthy real estate broker.

We have lived in Alabang for the last two years and we are enjoying our place which is walking distance to S&R, Costco(phil), to the Mall, near to the one of the best hospitals in the country, near the airport, near Batangas and Makati both ways.

WALENA: I will you PM you so I can hook you up with fellow Americans and other wonderful women I am connected with.

Pinaymentor