Please help . Indian family of 3 relocating to Malaysia

Hubby has an offer of 12000 RM (pre-tax) and would also be given relocating expenses of 21000 RM.

i would like to know if we can manage decent upper middle class life in Malaysia with this income.

His potential office is in TPM, Burkit Jalil.

I would like to look out for schools which follow Montessori methodology. currently my 5 yr old daughter is in such a nice school in India with montessori methodology being adhered to with such passion. On searching the net found very expensive international schools, aren't there any other options?

Would also like to know where to get accommodation in the range 1500-2000 RM per month, in such a location which is equidistant to office as well as school. How about the monthly expenditure that would incurred on electricity, gas, car rental, other mode of transportation (public) if used, grocery, contingency to be allocated.

we have to cover up for mortgage back home to the tune of 1250RM, so for 6 months the tax would be 8400 and from 1250 is gone back home so with 7150 is possible live a decent upper middle class life in Malaysia. Pls help.

Hi after tax 12k is about 10k net

The real question are school fees. If you have to pay them on your own you will struggle after paying mortgage back home. You cannot put your children in state school and school fees in Malaysia are very high. This is sure you need to get real costs from schools to work out of it economically viable.

Bear in mind 8 years ago a supervisor in a trading bank (not management grade) earnt 12k a month and a assistant vp 13k (no overtime but additional income opportunities....) and many of these were married couples so two earners and they just about managed. Malaysia is the second most expensive place in the world for cars. Cars are status symbols and to be middle class needs to cost 100k rm basically a decent foreign car.

Malaysia has a third world income distribution - lots of low paid workers who can't survive well and a relative few who live well. The middle classes are really business people and no real professional class (doctors run as businesses here). People with ambition work to get experience then set up own business.

So in terms of your question with 2k you can get somewhere decent to live, but education and car issues will leave you feeling poor.

I know many will say great salary BUT three children to support.

Don't forget medical.

10 years ago expat packages were 25 plus k a month, free 22000 sqft bungalow, maid, cook, nanny, Gardner and a BMW with driver and free international schooling for children.  That was for middle class expats say a supermarket manager.

Now it's a salary and that's it and no hardship allowances.

So in that context I would say you can live, but not a realmiddle class lifestyle of a decent  car or children in private school longterm. school fees for secondary are 3-6k rm per Month (as in 12 months) per child.

So long term no. Shortterm depends on you!

Now it's sa