Living in Chaoyang Park area

Hello Beijing.  I will be moving to Beijing at the Beginning of August.  I will be working near Chaoyang park and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for places to live there.
Looking for an apartment with a pool.
Thanks

Hello Happyminstrl.

Have you tried to post an advert in the housing in Beijing section? It could help.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

Hello,

Chaoyang park is a nice area, with lots of high rise building apartments. Renting a place in Beijing is getting very expensive. Might be worth looking around Dongzhemen, Dongsishitiao, and other locations in Dongcheng district. It is not that far from Chaoyang district and the park, and the local area has a lot going on and is still 'traditional beijing'.

TheBeijinger is a good website to look up houses, lots of people always moving out or agencies posting new lettings.

[Moderated: No free ad please]

Good luck with the house search!

Thanks for the tip.  My school will be paying for my apartment so the cost of rent is not really an issue.  I would like to live fairly close to the school.  I have 12000 yuan maximum living allowance so I think I will keep looking in that area.

Hi Happyminstrl,

I'll be going to Beijing on 28 Jul and will be staying in Chaoyang district, nearer to the Temple of Sun park. My office is also in Chaoyang.
Let me know if you have time for new friends when you are in Beijing!