What do expat wives do in their free time

Just wondering, what activities are there in Luanda? Any interesting classes or group activities?

We are playing tennis.Beside I was home dad with another guy we was playing tennis in Monte Belo -C hevron M-W-F.
and -T-T- golf from 08-10 am.
good luck

Plan their next trip out..........

Most compounds will have social groups that do charity work, learn photography, go on internal tours, organize social balls, do yoga, craft work etc.

One such organization is TICA (The International Community of Angola) Found here

Another very interesting and worth while group is Angola Field Group
where you can learn a lot about Angola and participate in some of the tours/ conservation work etc.

Generally once you are there and make yourself known people will seek you out.

GG

Thanks thanks thanks.... I have made a few friends here and we often go out of the city... sangano, the golf course, etc but it gets a bit boring after a while. I have a tennis cours, basketball court and pool at my condomenium so maybe i should also start inviting friends over instead of just stay indoors and die of boredom. I will check out those links globalgypsy. ur a star!

Tennis courts, basketball courts and a usable pool........Oh I dream of those things.......:)

Thoroughly recommend the field group. We have had some very insightful nights there learning about many things. The field trips are not to be missed if you have the time.

GG

I am excited already and if you ever need to take a dive, send me a message maybe we can all plan something and network :-) its obviously more fun if you play tennis with friends etc and my poor husband is always so exhausted after work and all the traffic... i would love to join the field trips and will make sure my south african friend joins us!

Thanks for the offer nambianmom. Sadly cannot dive (bad ears). Also we have just made the great escape out of Angola for good.

Enjoy your time in Angola, for me I would much prrfer Namibia - love that country and it's people.

GG

OH how I miss Namibia.... but as much as Angola annoys me, it's like a drug... I love this place... lol