We're O for 1...

My filipina girl friend was blocked from leaving the country today, based on a series of dumb questions by philippine immigration. Example: You need a Thai tourist visa(everyone gets 30 days gratis when landing at Suvarnabhum Airport). Why is your return ticket for 6 months?(or 3 weeks or 40 days...). If I had known this question would come up, I'd have given her the answer that I need 6 months to decide if we should get married and 3 weeks are just not enough time(nether is 6 months, but getting a piggy-back visa or two only maxes out after 6 or 7 months and then you HAVE to leave Thailand).She had a letter from me, a roundtrip ticket for 6 months, an expired passport(2008) when she went to Singapore for 3 days and they STILL denied her.
So my question is simply this: If I join her in Manila or Clark and we both are on the same flight to Bangkok, what are the chances of Philippine Immigration turning her down again?

Hi thailen, your thread has been moved to Philippines forum for better visibility.;)

Wish you Good Luck,
Harmonie.

Thailen,

Not sure if you are still looking for some perspective, but I hate seeing posts go unanswered.

As you are an expat in Thailand, what sort of residency do you have there?  That is a big factor.

Even if you come to Manila to fly with her, you are simply dating, so the two of you have no real "paper" based relationship.  Additionally, if you are simply a visitor in Thailand, you have little standing to be "inviting" her for a visit (whereas citizens of nations have more clout when it comes to inviting foreign nationals).

The biggest factor in the Philippines is the day you go to the airport and the immigration officer who is working.  There are very few things in Pinas which are consistent.  You can always chance it, but if I was a betting man, I would do some more research on ways to strengthen your case before another attempt (denials are recorded, so the more you get, the more difficult it can become).

Cheers,
RY

Just noted you posted another thread about this...appears you were lucky enough to get to Thailand together.  Congrats.

Cheers,
RY