Interior plumbing and kitchen appliances

What have been your experiences regarding kitchen plumbing when renting long-let partially-furnished accommodation ? We will be moving our household effects to Malta which include a dishwasher and tumble-dryer. From what I can gather there is normally a washing machine provided in the let (perhaps not?) and that this would be connected to the plumbing system in the kitchen. What would be the situation when we wanted to connect our dishwasher? Have you found that most kitchens are in a modular pattern that does not allow one to move things to make space for an additional appliance - or would it be easy to link to the plumbing. I realise that each place on offer is different, but would like general feedback on our options. The tumble-dryer is probably not such a big deal because it can be placed near to an open door or window and the hot air vented to the outside.

Comments from forum members that have only used fully furnished
accommodation will also be welcome, you might have had the same problem?

Looking forward to a discussion::)

Washing machines in let accom are usually provided but not always and if they are they are not always in the kitchen. It is common practice to put them in a bathroom or ensuite. A lot of accom here have combined living dining and kitchens as all one room...open plan living. I have even come across a washinG machine in the living room....!!!!

hiya Rooikat who are you sending stuff over with ??

Hi roikat,

all the rental places I have seen have had a washing machine somewhere. The tumble dry should be positioned near the washing machine and preferably be one that works by condensation. Otherwise you will need to position it near a window.

A dishwasher will have to have space in the kitchen and will be connected to the water pipes and drains in the kitchen. So it depends on your future home whether and where you can position a dishwasher.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks for the comments guys - it looks as though the placement of one's electrical appliances in a flat in Malta is a bit of a hit and miss approach! That's fine though, because it probably means that the owners aren't going to get too pedantic about it. We probably will look for a place where all can fit in an open plan area rather than bathrooms etc. Being ex S.Africans we enjoy open plan living, it's what we are used to! (We might just bring a new washing machine with us and tell the owner we don't need theirs.)

'who are you sending stuff over with'
Haven't made a final decision yet Scuba. From visits/quotes received, we quite liked F. Smith & Son from Croydon, a fair quote and liked the 'feel' of the company. I'm recovering from a major foot op. at the moment so the date of our departure still has to be confirmed - depends on what the surgeon says at my next visit in 7 weeks time :/