Moving to the DR from Boston, MA

Hi all,

I have three children's; me and my husband are looking into relocating to the DR. I need advice on the schooling, housing, health care, etc. I  was told there is two parts of Santo Domingo, the old Santo Domingo and the new part(which is not so good to live at)what's a good area to live in, and how much would it cost to rent? Or is it better to buy? How about the getting around? Should I buy a car over there or should we bring ours.

Hi you,if you want to live in Santo Domingo you have private schools,depending how old your children are.The old part of Santo Domingo,the colonial city,is very nice but also expensive.I live now for 14 years on the north coast,which is very beautiful,i am on the peninsula of Samana.I work in realestate and can help you with the prices  of renting or buying here but i dont know much about Santo Domingo.You must definetly get private health insurence,very important.You can get one for the whole family like this it is less expensive.Hope i could help you.Bye Katrin.

You have posted twice. You might want to delete one of the posts.

Bob K