Teaching UAE

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me re: likelihood of gaining employment as a teacher in the UAE.

I possess the following qualifications (all from Aussie universities):

Bachelor of Arts
Master of International Relations
Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary)

I'm qualified to teach secondary school in Australia but as yet I don't have any experience doing so. I did however spend a year in London on a Working Holiday Visa doing supply teaching in British primary and secondary schools.

I've looked at a couple of websites like Teachaway and they seem to require a minimum of two years experience before applying. Is this industry standard or would I be able to gain employment with the qualifications I have?

If anyone could be of any assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Sally.

Hello Sally.

Welcome to Expat.com!

You should take a look to these articles about Work in UAE.

You can also post an advert in the jobs in United Arab Emirates section. It can be helpful.

Good luck,
Aurélie

Many of them will say 2 years experience---apply anyway. I have a new Masters in teaching, and one year of ESL- that's all and have been offered 4 jobs. I found them all through TIEonline.

Also, you might have to take less than ideal the first two years as it is sooo late in the recruiting season- which for int'l teaching is fall-winter, but remember in two years time you will have that experience and access to the best jobs.

Apply Everywhere--cast a wide net and go for it

Hi RMDee,

Thanks so much for your helpful advice. I will definitely check out the site that you've mentioned. Good to know all hope is not lost :)

Cheers,

Sally.