How to meet a girl in Dubai? is this even possible?

I've been living in Dubai for 1.5 years... Most of the time busy in office... or at home I keep myself busy with my personal web development projects/hobbies.... so I don't go out a lot and consequently, no social life, no friends...

So my question is, in a country whose demographics is 3 male to 1 female ratio, it sounds next to impossible to meet a girl here... I'm not even talking about getting a GF, just a normal friend who happens to be a girl...

How can I meet a girl, a friend?

Clubs: If I go out to club (which is so rare), every girl in the club has at least 10 guys approach her per night...

Malls: How do you initiate a conversation with a total stranger for no reason.

Groups or activities: I find it so pathetic to do an activity, while my real interest is not the activity it self, but meeting a girl... and it happens to be that all the acitvities i'm interested in attract men more than women..

soooo help please? Ideas?

Thanks

Edit: I'm 29, male (just to give context to this thread)

@ im_in_the_desert Expat.com is not a dating site

hello ,i think you should NOT meet girls in clubs ,join social meet groups,meet people with similar interests ,like food f undies ,or movie goers ,or adventure sorts etc ,there is many meet-up groups ,just google it :) 
HAVE FAITH there are a some decent people around