Aussies in Sofia!!!

do we exist? if yes, where the bloody hell are ya! :) drop me a line brian80au at yahoo dot com.

Cheers

Hello brian80au.

Welcome to Expat.com!

Can you please give us a brief introduction? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Gday
  i am a 32 year old Native Australian from Adelaide, South Australia(not the blonde surfing guy lol but native, aka indigenous), living here for a few months now. I am an offshore asset manager (Hedge funds to be exact) for a Swiss bank, hence my location is not important for work. (Yeah i can live anywhere and work and no i aint kidding lol.I see Irish, British and people from many nationalities here but not Aussies! will be interesting to meet a fellow Aussie here (other nationalities as well) and talk more about expat life

Cheers

Brain i do imagine it would be hard to meet Australian ex pats out there.
There are often Australian tourista though travelling around Europe.
Why dont you go and stay at a hostel Veliko Turnovo would be a good town to relax in. You will find Australians Americans all sorts that stop off there for a day or 2 on the train route.

Hey Brian,

There are some expats there working in the local mines. The tend to work and then disappear for R&R, so they're not really living local like you and I doubt you'd bump into them.

Not the place aussies tend to think of to visit. Go to the Irish Pub in Sofia on AFL Grand Final. They open it (very) early, I'd imagine you'll find them then.

Cheers
Steve