Moving to Rio San Juan

Hola friends
we are moving to Rio San Juan in August...is there an Ikea in Santo Domingo and are there any similar stores in Puerto Plata, thanks..also Dominican Health Insurance

THANX  Mary    you can post or pm thanx again

The ONLY IKEA is in Santo Domingo and there is nothing like it in Puerto Plata but there are some larger furniture stores in PP. Santiago is another place for large furniture stores but with the new highway it is just as quick for you to get to Santo Domingo from Rio san Juan.
You can get cheap local (only good in the DR) health insurance. We have Universal and pay about $40 a month.  PM me if you want the details.
GOOD LUCK on the move.

Bob K

thanks Bob sent a pm

And I replied.  Good luck

Bob K

Hello.  We are visiting Rio San Juan in two months & Jarabacoa.  So many people talk about how much cooler Jarabacoa is then beach towns.  But every video or pic I see, the people are wearing the same kind of clothing we wore when we were in Samana.  I understand that if I choose to climb high in the mountains I will need coat, hat... but generally, in early September, what do male & females wear or should bring for clothing head to toe?  Also, I would also like some info about insurance.  We are hoping to move to D.R.  In the process of choosing a location on the island.  Thanks!

Though cooler normal summer wear during the day and a jacket or sweater may be needed at night (long pants as well)
As to insurance you can get local insurance that will cover you in the DR only for about $25 a month per person.

Bob K