Ex Pat in Sala looking for part time work whilst learning Swedish

I am a British National living near Sala I am a keen photographer with experience in project management, I am looking at going to school to learn swedish from November and was looking for part time work to help along the way. weekends working studies weekdays etc an ideas its really important for me to learn swedish as i understand this is a big yes in Sweden but also need to support myself whilst this happens

Hi Jamie. I don't know if you've been down this road already, but it's worth your while trying to gain PM registration and certification with the Swedish Project Management Association ( Svenskt Projektforum ). There's a lot of ex-pats who have rolled into town, wanting PM work, but with little formal credentials behind them. There's a bit of a process to gaining formal registration, and there are a number of tiers, but it's worth the effort for credibility. If you have PMI certification, that's a help. Although it's not regarded as highly as SPF certification. It's still seen largely as an American certificate. Hit the language as hard as you can. As you obviously know already, PM has a lot of people based elements. Good luck.

Hi

thanks for the information as i dont also have any creditation on Project Management i will look into that avenues that you suggested, once again thanks for the advise it appricated and yes the Language is a big tick in that box

cheers

Jamie

I don't THINK there are any restrictions on becoming a member of Svenskt Projektforum, so it would be quite good to join up if you can. Something with Swedish connections on your CV is gold.