Anybody play basketball?

I've been playing twice a week for awhile now, but haven't gotten a chance to hit the courts since I've been in Nairobi. Anybody play?

Hi nicapymph!

A little introduction could help maybe ? ;)

Armand

Good idea, Armand.

Hello expat and local community of Nairobi!

My name is Mike and I'm a 25 year old graduate student from the United States doing an internship here in Kenya for the summer. I haven't really met anybody outside of my work colleagues, so I'd like to build a social network; I'm most interested in playing sports in my free time since I sit all day long doing data analysis!

I'm not very good at football (soccer) but I'd be willing to give it a go. As I said though, I'd really like to get together with some locals or expats that play basketball, and I have a separate thread going asking if anyone knows of a gym with some free weights and squat rack so I can get back into a lifting routine!

Asante sana,
Mike

hihi try parklands sports club you will find people to play with, apparently i only play table tennis would have liked to help

I play basketball, Nicapymph.  Where in Nairobi are you at?  I'm busy during the week, but usually free on Saturdays.  Stay quite close to town.  Let me know if you want to play some ball.  Peace.

hey Mike,

Welcome to Nairobi.
I dont play basket ball, but there is a church opposite my office where I see people play Bastket ball regularly. It is Parklands Baptist church, sports road, very close to mall westlands. Try your luck..binny

Hello! My name is Hong and I'll be living in Nairobi from mid-June.  I'm from England but my family originates from Hong Kong.  My office is somewhere on Lower Kabate Road. 

Funnily enough I used to play both basketball and table tennis.  Oh, and I'm looking for a gym.  Preferably around Lower Kabate Road.  Let me know if either of you are interested in playing your respective sports and/or watch some football (soccer!)  As for basketball, I used to play quite a few years ago but a dodgy knee has meant I cut down on it.  However, I've played table tennis more recently!