How much will be my monthly savings after tax?

I have recently got a job offer with MYR6500 as the monthly remuneration. Please let me know about the monthly expenses and help me with the amount of savings I can make every month?

Nothing!

If you do not eat/no accommodation/no nothing you will save money.
These type of questions so boring to respond.
If you find a job go for it.

thnx nemodot,,,,and special thnx to nowhow for such an encouraging reply....i believe that the tax is for the first 6 months and after that if i file the income tax return the money will be refunded to me...???

Ignore them. But they are somewhat right in their own sense. European lifestyle is quite different than you might used to be. Your saving will depend on typically your family size and your other needs.

In my experience these threads are always pointless, but are really pointless when we have no idea about the poster! Married ? Children? Lifestyle? Drink or not? So many details and then 5 different opinions on how much.

So from now on I will say nothing as in my experience any thing under 6k is easily spent as KL so damned expensive. Many European cities are actually cheaper to live in! Ok cheaper than say London especially property costs. But cars are so expensive here in compensation for that!

Compared to say somewhere like Hull in northern England KL is no cheaper overall.

So my answer is still nothing! It really depends but after rent travel and once a week out 4k easily disappears. As for tax you DONT get back after 6 months (well I'd didn't nor did many I know) you get in may following the end of your first 6 months in Malaysia. After 6 months you get back to monthly what you should have had

it me,my spouse and my mom...
i dnt drink, no children, simple lifestyle...would like to go out once a week during the weekends...not looking forward to have a car...will avail public transport...looking 4wrd to spend max 1200 MYR for accomodation...and if poss elucidate on the tax part and mobile phone and internet costs...would like to get a simple mobile connection with low tariffs for international and local call...already have a mobile phone which am gonna use out there...

neobull wrote:

it me,my spouse and my mom...
i dnt drink, no children, simple lifestyle...would like to go out once a week during the weekends...not looking forward to have a car...will avail public transport...looking 4wrd to spend max 1200 MYR for accomodation...and if poss elucidate on the tax part and mobile phone and internet costs...would like to get a simple mobile connection with low tariffs for international and local call...already have a mobile phone which am gonna use out there...

Hi see http://www.taxrates.cc/html/malaysia-tax-rates.html

First 9,000 in a year tax free. So 6,500 RM pm = 78,000

less 9,000 = 69,000 taxable

Rates
First 50,000 3,325
19% on last 19,000

So total tax due = 3,325+0.19*19,000=6,935 pa

Or approx 580 a month

Net income (assuming no EPF)  5,920 per month

Rent 1,200 RM (not much in KL - poor standard apartment or druggies next door etc)

Electricity 200 RM (per month
Internet    150 RM (Yes 4G)
Food       1,200 RM (assuming very frugal no meals at work take home cooked food etc)
Transport   500 RM (you will need some taxis - public transport in KL is poor)
Water       50 RM (depends a lot)
Clothes     200 RM (you will need to replace clothes and I assume going for cheapest options)
Once a week out meal/cinema  400 RM
Medical   ??? RM - with an elderly mother that could be a 1,000 RM a month easily!

So 2,700 Rm and very careful with money and no medical costs included. I would bargain on at least 3k at least spent.

Mobile phones - easy to get a 2,000 RM bill in Malaysia per month without a package! A package of roughly 150 RM for any serious usage, if buisness calls make that 300 RM per month min.

So let's say 3,300 RM. And save 2,600 RM (but medical?)

Of course one true thing about budgets. Everyone spends 50% more that they think.

An appedicitus can cost you 20,000 RM easily btw. A week in hospital is 8,000 RM. So you see why you have to eb careful!

thnx a tonne Nemodot...thats exhaustive enough...it would be really great if u can tell me as to what are the regulations for getting my dependent mother with me....as in the type of visa...time period etc...