thanks Ron

thanks for reply
surely someone has some information on these questions

1. Yes...ask your landlord
2. Ask the store owners that sell XBox games..some do it theirselves
3. Depends on who you ask

thanks
if you have nothing constructive to say  do not bother answering
thought this was supposed to be a helpful forum maybe its just for american gringo,s

Ok Ron,

I will try to help you with this, it looks like you're getting upset with this :mad:

About the first question, first depends on what kind of building, house are you living. If is an old one is going to be complicated.  Are you renting or you're the owner?
If yu're renting you have to ask permission to the landlord, if not just do it !! 
You need to contact with an electrician but it will be very dificult to get one who speaks English and not try to rip you when he noticed you're "gringo".
I have one maybe can help you, he speaks a bit of English:     
        Ricardo Cadmilema Espinoza        
    2881-830; cell: 093-342658

Second question: There's many stores downtown they do this. Check in any one you see they sell Xbox videogames and ask, It will cost around $50.

Third question: There's two main providers TV Cable and Etapa.
TV Cable is a private company, they offer TV cable and internet services.  Etapa is a company created by the City.  Both services are good and Etapa is a little cheaper. I had TV cable for almost a year and the service has been really good.

If you need help with errands and translations you know you can ask me.

Vinny

thanks very much vinny for your reply  yes i was getting a little frustrated with the answers
ron

vinny66 wrote:

Second question: There's many stores downtown they do this. Check in any one you see they sell Xbox videogames and ask, It will cost around $50.

I think Vinny ment to say $500.00 for an XBox 360.  My personal suggestion is to buy one in North America and bring it in with your luggage.  If you are going to fly through Miami you might be able to buy one at the airport?

Hope this helps.  Unfortunately I do not live in Cuenca so I can not confirm or deny what info you have been given.  Vinny is pretty reputable and has helped a lot of people.

John

Is it a big problem for americans to be "ripped" by local contractors?