Jaco

Is it safe in Jaco?  How is Internet reception?  Many US expats?  Plenty of amenities?  Plenty of organic fruit available?  Satellite/cable tv?  Bars restaurants? Cost of a beer?

Jaco is less safe than many other areas of Costa Rica.  It's a tourist town so small time thieves do well there.
Internet reception is good through crwifi. 
It's also a "surfer dude" or wanna-be surfers town.
Yep, a lot of ex-pats; but, keep in mind this is more of a tourist, party town.  So if you like that environment....
Plenty of amenities?  That is 100% opinion, my opinion, nope.
Organic fruit - that one I don't know.  But, if someone tells you they're selling organic fruit/veggies, no way to know.  It's like most things, it's not really regulated.
Satellite/cable tv, yes.
Bars and restaurants - yes, more than most areas.  You would need to visit there for a while to see if it fits you.  It's a drunk, party town.
Local beer - equivalent of about $1.  Non-CR beer $4 plus.
It's also waaaaay too hot for me.  I like cool nights.

Keep in mind, this is "my" opinion of Jaco.  Others might love it and think it's the greatest place.  Stay for a while and decide for yourself.
- Dave

Yeah...organic produce and Jaco  doesn't go together.

Agree with the previous poster.

Nearest beach town to San Jose and is always full of working women...

Jaco is the hooker capital of the southern zone, so be careful when you are out at night.  Jaco is not a fruit and vegetable town, it's a circus for the young, but it is an interesting place to visit when you come to Costa Rica, lots of shops and restaurants.