Pre-planning Retirement

Several questions pop into mind which I havent seen addressed elsewhere.  Please help if you can.
I'm an artist and have never seen anything in a blog or article to tell me how accessible artist's supplies will be, canvas, oils, acrylics, brushes, etc.
My husband is a Boston Red Socks fanatic - any chance the games are carried on any of the Ecuadorian channels?
What process do you all (who live there) use for bank transfer of funds?  Soc. Sec. and Pensions being auto-deposited in US banks and the money will need to come to Ec.
I saw someone mention a mortgage in a blog or article but I thought everything was cash?
And last - for now - how horribly expensive is it to ship things back to the states?
I'm sooooo looking forward to my first visit in the spring/early summer of 2013.  In the meantime, I continue to research and learn.
Thank you for your help. :)

Through other services I did find out that Direct TV is available with the MLB package to satisfy the sports addiction. 
I also found out how to handle the banking - or at least a couple of ways it's being handled by others.
I found the info about the mortgages and interest rates.  And I found how to get things shipped from the states and ship back through a gov't sponsored mail club with a managable fee and timeframe.
What I still don't know is anything about the art supplies but I'll bet I find the answers elsewhere long before anyone answers me here. Really disappointing activity level on this site :(

Cheryl,
I'd love to learn about the govt-sponsored shipping and its fee.
Shipping company address?
Phone number?

Red Sox-I assume you're in Massachusetts.
I'm FROM Mass., and am planning to return.
My SKYPE-IN number is in Newburyport, MA.
Skype forwards all calls to me FREE of charge: 978-961-0079

Thanks,
Barb
[email protected]

try Gringosabroad.com for great info and it's called Club Correos which you can google
we're in Fla. but husband is from Cape Cod and is a Sox fanatic
i too use skype for family contact and will use it a lot more when i'm in EC
r u just vacationing?

Thanks.  Will check them out.
Not vacationing.  I've been here almost three years.