Costs of living

Dear All,

My name is Mihaela, I am from Romania and I am 28 years old.
Very soon I will move to Poland - in Warsaw - as my husband got a job there.
We have a 9 months old daughter and we are eager to start a new life there.
I've gratuated Law and I also have experience in import and purchasing.
I know english, a little bit of Spanish and once I get to Poland I would like to learn the language.
For the beggining I will have to stay home with my daughter until she will be old enough to go to kindergarden but meanwhile I will have to search the perspectives for a future job.
If there are any expats willing to help me with some information regarding the costs of living there and also costs and possibilities of learning the language I would really appreciate it.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Mihaela

Hello Mihaela and welcome to Expat.com!

A new thread has been created on Warsaw forum for better visibility.;)

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.

Harmonie.

Hi Mihaela,

Congratulations on your decision to come to Warsaw.

I have been living here for 11 years and to be honest I've found that living in Warsaw can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be.

To give you a guide, the average gross monthly wage in Poland in 2011 was EUR780 (that is for the country as a whole, in Warsaw it would be a bit higher). However, you also have expatriates here who earn many multiples of that.

The same applies to learning the language. You can choose to go to a school where you will be taught in a classroom with others or you can hire a private tutor to teach you at home.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to message me.

Regards,

Ross.

welcome dude :)