About Visa Status

Greetings everyone,

I am a new graduate in Respiratory Therapy in USA. I recently got a job offer from King Faisal Hospital Jeddah. They are offering me $65,000-$70,000(tax free) per year. Residence in Hospital compound, transportation allowance, monthly bonuses, medical included, 40 days of paid vacations yearly with return air ticket, 5% yearly increments, housing allowance if decide to get my own place.. The only thing that I am worried about is that the are offering me "Single Status Visa" since I am single right now. I talked to them that what if I get married in a year or two, am I going to be able to bring my wife to Jeddah with me and they said yes I can apply for an Iqama from Jeddah but they are telling me that they will not change my status from Single to Family.

First of all, I would like to know if this seems like a good package? what does a 2 bed room apartment in good location cost in Jeddah? am I gona be able to afford a good car there? I currently drive a Mercedes Benz here and wondering if I would be able to afford a Benz or BMW there?

Secondly, after my marriage, when I will apply for my wife's visa, am I gona get her visa easily? and her visa is going to be a permanent or not? if not permanent than does that mean that I have to apply for her visa every 3 or four months? how does that work? I am not sure what my visa is gona say about profession but it will definitely be something related to Medical.

I will greatly appreciate quick replies.

Thank you,

Mansoor

No it is a terrible package and you will never be able to a afford any car on that salary not even a clapped out old merc or beamer.

There is also more than enough posts on visas for you to look at and it would have probably taken you less time to do so then to write this which just seems like you are fishing for compliments. If it is genuine, you are being paid too much and it would concern me if you were my doctor should you not be able to work out simple maths and reading

Allie where is that headbanging gif you found - my wall has my forehead imprinyted into it now, I need to see someone - I don't know why I can't just ignore these posts :'(

Hello maasiddi.

Welcome to Expat.com!

You can also go through the various discussions on the Saudi Arabia forum. It may help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

no i mean for a non MD therapist the package is not bad. Cars cud be taken on lease any one on earth you want at not more than SR2000/ MONTHN and also accommodation aint cost more than SR 30000/Month so package not bad. 2ndly for wife visa, listen say them to provide you noc for wife visa when required and then it doesnt mater if they give you family status or not (as with family status they need to provide return tickets and medical insurance for wife also, so mostly they avoid this extra spending) you can bring her here buying ticket etc on your own if they just provide you noc which aint that a big thing to be given i suppose !

@loopylou87

thanks for nothing, and fyi, I am not a doctor!!!

Calculation mistakes in above posts. $70,000 per YEAR will mean 21,875 SAR per month. Not-so-good package.