Pet owners please -Bahrain with my little dog? grants and teach

I have an opportunity to get a grant to do some research for a year in Bahrain or one of several other countries.  (please don't tell me to look at other posts). 

One of the deciding factors is if I will be able to have my small dog with me.

I have lived in Oman before with him with no problem- just a lot of paper work to get him in.  I'm coming from the US.

2. I'm looking for unique visual ideas in Bahrain for my research. Anything about environment, women etc that you think is interesting, new not talked enough about - let me know.

My other options are in India and S. America but I've always wanted to stay in Bahrain for sometime. After my grant finishes 10 months- I want to see about teaching in Bahrain. Teaching Communications especially- ie. journalism, visual journalism.     OK maybe I need to do a 2nd post on this one. thank you

lightright wrote:

I have an opportunity to get a grant to do some research for a year in Bahrain or one of several other countries.  (please don't tell me to look at other posts). 

Hi lightright and welcome to the forum :)

Just want to clarify one thing, if we recommend sometimes for the newcomers to look at other posts, its because we know that all of their concerns have been answered before by other members in the forum and these answers are carrying multiple points of view which will give the blogger a clear view on the subject and multiple choices as well. Most of the active members in the forum are trying their best to contribute effectively and share their expat experience with the newcomers :)

P.S.(Sorry for my little speech ... I will stop it right now as I'm always accused of bla bla bla and say nothing at the end :D but I hope I hit the point this time ;))

One of the deciding factors is if I will be able to have my small dog with me.

I have lived in Oman before with him with no problem- just a lot of paper work to get him in.  I'm coming from the US.

Yes you can bring your dog with you and I think you will need the same paperwork as the one you did in Oman ... Hope other members can provide some valuable information with regard to what paperwork are required.

2. I'm looking for unique visual ideas in Bahrain for my research. Anything about environment, women etc that you think is interesting, new not talked enough about - let me know.

Bahrain is a multicultural country, a lot of people from different races are living and working in Bahrain; this may have an impact positively or negatively on the Bahraini Society and its composition ... This might be a good case for further study and research.

Hope this helps :)

My other options are in India and S. America but I've always wanted to stay in Bahrain for sometime. After my grant finishes 10 months- I want to see about teaching in Bahrain. Teaching Communications especially- ie. journalism, visual journalism.     OK maybe I need to do a 2nd post on this one. thank you

I found this information about Pets to bring into Bahrain and thought it might be helpful for you and other members looking for the same :)

The following criteria must be met in order to bring a domestic pet into Bahrain:

All airlines and shipping agencies require a valid certificate issued by a competent Veterinary Authority in the country of origin for all domestic pets; birds and animals, going to Bahrain. The certificate should state that the bird or animal is healthy and free from any infection or contagious disease.
For dogs, an additional valid certificate of vaccination against rabies, parvo, hepatitis, leptospira and canine distemper is also required.
Puppies younger than two months must have all of the above vaccinations; additionally, they must be revaccinated two to four weeks later and prior to shipment.
Cats must have the rabies and tri-cat vaccines. Kittens younger than two months must have all of the above vaccinations; additionally, they must be revaccinated two to four weeks later and prior to shipment.
The most recent vaccination must have been administered not less than one month but not more than six months before the pet's arrival in Bahrain.
All vaccinations must be recorded in a vaccination booklet.
All pets must be kept in secure and comfortable cages or boxes clearly labeled with the owner's name and address.
Any failure on the part of the owner to follow these steps will result in his/her sole responsibility for the pet's health.
No Objection Certificate/Import Permit from the Quarantine Section of the Ministry of Municipalities & Agriculture Affairs, which may be obtained by providing the following: Valid Vaccination Records, Owners CPR/ID Card, Copy of Passport with Residence Permit Stamp, Animal Passport and a Valid Heaalth Certificate from the Country of Origin.
The Bahraini Health Authority has the right to refuse admission of birds and animals that are not accompanied by the required certificates or order their extermination if already entered in Bahrain . Under certain conditions, the owner may be asked to take his or her pet back to the country of departure.
The health certificate is valid for one month from date of issue, and the vaccination certificate is valid for six months.
Please note: All dogs and cats imported from the United States and Canada will be quarantined for up to 30 days even if they have the necessary vaccinations.

Hope other members who has experience about that confirm the above or advice otherwise.

Reference Links: Source (1), Source (2)

Regards,

@Vido
Is this still a  Forum or a Forumpedia?
don t you say everyday goodmornig,or do you say:I said already yesterday??? Repeat, Vido, Repeat if you wanna be a good blogger!

Copy paste and bla blaing infos is a good thing but this time u  forgot the most important thing:  the pet must  have an implantated microchip.

Take it easy :cool:

Anna

anna66 wrote:

@Vido
Is this still a  Forum or a Forumpedia?
don t you say everyday goodmornig,or do you say:I said already yesterday??? Repeat, Vido, Repeat if you wanna be a good blogger!

Copy paste and bla blaing infos is a good thing but this time u  forgot the most important thing:  the pet must  have an implantated microchip.

Take it easy :cool:

Anna

With all due respect to  your words, I would like to express my extreme disappointment of your attitude and usual sarcastic words in critisizing which is quite far from any constructive criticizm I have ever came across.

Kindly if you have any valuable information to contribute with, it would be great to share it so that we can learn from you rather than criticizing someone his intention is to help somehow.

You are kindly requested to watch your words when dealing with people Whom you don't know as it really hurts :)

@Vido
:offtopic:

@VidoDido- Can you please specify the source of theses informations so as to avoid misundertanding? :)
-------------
Can you please both calm down and come back to the initial subject which is about Pet owners.

Thank you,
Aurélie

AurélieZ wrote:

@VidoDido- Can you please specify the source of theses informations so as to avoid misundertanding? :)

I have added the reference links to my earlier post in Blue Font here above. Regards,

thanks for the polite and informative response.  I'll investigate more to see if there is a research topic to bring me to Bahrain. It sounds like such an interesting place to land.  I like everything that I have read about the country even if it is a bit hot.   

Are there several universities with ESL programs? Journalism programs?

Cheers and goodnight from over here

Hi Lightright!
Sorry for the mess here :D!
Regarding ESL: quite all schools here offer ESL programs.
At the Uni they offer mostly English Language and Literature. I would suggest you not to apply online for a position. You should introduce yourself in person (CV,  Cover letter,  3 letters -or more- of references). The most "important" University in Bahrain is the UOB (University of Bahrain) in Sakhir. 
Good luck!
Bye
Anna
Ps: for your dog: the microchip is a must.

@Vidodido: I didn 't mean to be sarcastic, I was just writing my thoughts! please less misogyny here and less GM tone :P!
"Best Regards"
Anna

Hi Lightright,

I'm in Bahran for the past 10 years. You can easily bring your dog here with no issues at all.

There are lost of univerities here and you can teach ESL anywhere..

Let me know if you need more info and I'll be glad to help.

All the best for you,

Lulu

Thank you for your replies.    I am in the U.S. so visiting the university is not possible. I will need to get the job first from here.

For the grant:
I will need a host in Bahrain such as a university which will agree to the research that I propose.

If anyone has a contact at UOB in the Communications dept. especially in the Visual department this would be very helpful.  An email?  A friend?

The grant I am seeking is given in the USA but the host country must agree on the subject and then provide an invitation.

It can be a university or a non-profit group, a woman's group any kind of group that the govt. will recognize as official. 

Visual storytelling is an awesome way to learn information. 

Thank you all so much for you help.

We all know that visual story telling is the most impacting way to explain news and information.

Hi!
You can try here:
UCB University College of Bahrain (offers Journalism and
Communication Studies)
P.O. Box 55040, Manama, Bahrain
Telephone and Fax
Tel.:             (+973) 17 790 828       Fax.: (+973) 17 793 858
URLContacthttp://www.ucb.edu.bh/

You could also contact The American Embassy in Bahrain and/or the Ministry of Culture in Bahrain.
Sure they can help you! ;)

wish you all the best

Thanks for this very helpful info Anna.  I'll be writing to them this next week.  If you start (now that I've mentioned it) start seeing woman's groups like entrepreneurs around let me know OK. 

Sometimes there are people doing great things that just haven't hit the news.  Hey how is the political situation over there? 

I'm not worried in the least just wondering if people are doing OK, if there are protests in the city etc?  I've spent lots of time around conflicts so like I said am not concerned but I did just read that a ESL teacher was kicked out for criticizing the govt on his youtube.   Either he didn't think to use another name than his own or he didn't care.
again thanks everyone for the info.  I have such a good impression of the people in  Bahrain now.