What to bring from US that Vietnam doesn't have...?

Hi...

I'm going to make one trip to New York before moving to Vietnam...and wanted to ask the expats here.... that besides the Recess peanut butter cups and large size Reeboks.... what things should I bring from America that aren't available in Vietnam....
Seems every country that I've lived in in South East Asia is different in this regard....

ie. medicines or essentials...

Thanks in advance...:)

Bring a couple of basic kindles. Do with them what you will. Kindle book-swapping is very popular in many circles here and the device is far more expensive outside the States.

I'm a little reluctant to weigh in on this, but regarding condoms, you're wasting your money if you buy them in the states and bring here. Last time I checked in a US drugstore, Trojans and similar brands were at least $15 for a dozen. You can buy Durex (the best brand I've seen here, and they make a large size) for about 1/3 of that or less. The Asian brands are much cheaper than that, but you get what you pay for.

I agree with comments regarding electronics. Not only are they more expensive, depending where you buy, they may also be counterfeit.

Yup, medications and personal gadgets are much better off acquired in the States.  They are cheaper and of higher quality.  The same goes with sporting gears:  clothes, tennis rackets and the likes...

Ohhh!  Don't forget a good raincoat and some cash.  Can't do much without them here.