Any Tips On Finding "Music-Friendly" Venue For Buisness Idea In Wien?

Hi guys newbie here..Wife and i have been living in vienna for about 6 months. I'm from Cali and the wife's from Austria. I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this difficult question as i am assuming this site is mostly family oriented but perhaps there are expats in buisness in vienna..so here goes..I've been tossing around an idea for a unique (well, atleast by viennese standards)idea for a bar/lounge for quite a while. The biggest hurdle in this city has been that whatever commerical property you are interested in renting will have upstairs/sideways residential neighbours and therefore playing music will be out of the question.

I dont know if anyone's noticed but this city is virtually devoid of any music coming from MOST commercial establishments, and i am including bars/most music shops (minus the whimpering sound that comes out of tiny speakers in many music shops in this city"music") and the basic mom and pop retail outlets etc.etc.

YES i know many austrians are very conservative, and many are basically knocked out by 10pm (Ive often found myself wondering if i've landed in some sort of geratric colony when one see's how many old people inhabit the city) but there must be some place in this city to play music well into the night.

NO i cannot afford a soundproof bar/club nor can i afford to rent one of the proffesional super-clubs. I am looking to lease a small cozy place i can serve beer and wine but music is an absolute essential part of it.

oh..and no, i dont want to lease something in the sticks either..driving for something more than a few minutes is considered a "major trip" to most here.

Anyway i think this gives you the basic idea of my dilemma..any advice cheerfully accepted.

Zero2Hero

Welcome to Expat.com Zero2Hero!;)

Hope that other members will share their experience with you soon.

Wish you Good Luck in your projects,
Harmonie.

thanks Harmonie..