FATCHA in Guatemala?

Please tell me if my SA bank account here in Guatemala will be exposed to the US Powerz that be. I heard that FATCHA will be requiring Guatemala to send info on all bank accounts to the US.
I also heard that the SA will no longer be anonymous in a year. Is that true? How will they know, as it is a bearer corporation.

Thanks for any info,

BJ

Hello Antiguanian and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

I have been under the impression that this has been the case for at least 2 years now, of course nothing official. You must assume that everything is being reported.

If U you have the corporate set up you can stay away from the IRS reporting at this time.  The govt. has yet to sign an agreement with th U can set up a trust agreement to go around any changes.... U need the correct structure an atty....e U.S. an has been placed on the gray list... It is probably a matter of time b 4 changes occur..

Good luck, I hope u r able to escape the fascists states of the USSA

Agreed, opening a Guatemalan bank account with a US passport might leave yourself wide open to privacy issues.

Find an atty. to open biz account. U will need to set up a corporation. Easy as 1 2 3