Documents needed to work in Kuwait

Hello everyone, I have accepted a teaching job in Kuwait this coming school year. I need to know if it is necessary to have my Diploma and Transcripts Authenticated, and Attested? I have had some conflicting information in this topic.
Any help is greatly appreciated. 

I just sent yet another email asking about this!:|

Hello michigan313.

Welcome to Expat.com!

Hope you will soon be advised!

Aurélie

This is what is required for U.S. Citizens regarding documents:

Kuwait does not participate in the 1961 Hague Convention. Therefore you would need to obtain an embassy legalization for your documents.

Your documents would require at least four steps in order to get them legalized, a process known as the Chain Authentication Procedure. First, it must be notarized, second it has to be certified by the Secretary of the State. Third, it must be authenticated by the U.S. Department of State and fourth it must be legalized in the embassy/consulate of Kuwait.

Another note:  Unless it's changed, as of April 2011, The Kuwait Embassy changed the procedure to attest university degrees. The change is related to location. Diplomas granted by universities in the South and the West will have to be attested at the Kuwaiti Consulate in Los Angeles. All others in the Kuwaiti Consulate in D.C.  All university degrees have to have US Department of State authentication in Washington, DC. first.

I have a copy of the official notice which lists which states need to go where, and will be glad to provide, just PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

Nomad- what about the police clearance? The Kuwait Embassy website states that it should be dated after your work permit is issued (I'm assuming that is the NOC). I was under the impression, from docs that my employer sent) that I could go ahead and get it done. So of course, I jumped through that hoop before I saw the condition on the website. Am I going to have to get another clearance after I get the NOC?

I just verified with our personnel administrator, and unfortunately that is the case.  The police clearance has to be after the work permit is issued.

Thanks!  Well, there goes that $20!  I guess I will "patiently" await my NOC!  :| All other wheels are already turning and out of my control at this point.  You've been a great help Nomad.