Anybody lived in addis ababa recently?

Hi. I'm Yuji from Seoul, Korea.
I'm gonna Addis ababa in this summer for internship and I might have to live there for 1 year. I have some questions about living there so I found this site.

well, I'm a girl so I am really really wondering about the ability and the quality of water supply plant. when I visited the china I got a serious toubles on my face like pimples, mysterious swellings. Which made me spend a thousand dollar to dermatologic treatment for couple of months. It there is anyone who got a skin touble there, I'd rather buy a tons of cleansing water to wash my face.

And I'm thinking about bringing my laptop there but some ppl said the electricity is so unstable that it damage the electronic equipment. How did you solve this problem?

the last question is related to the weather. I know the Addis ababa is apline region where the weather is not hot at. I wonder how the humidity is in the big rainy season(from June to September). Should I prepare rubber boots and moisture absorbent?

Thanks for reading. My English is not good so if u have trouble with understanding my writing please let me know.

1. Water - you should not have any problems with water in Addis Ababa - the city gets all of its water from deep under ground - but off course water can be contaminated in the supply chain - especially during the rainy season. Bottled water is easily available for drinking and brushing your teeth should you want it - but it is not essential.

2. No issues using a laptop - yes power can be interrupted in the rainy season - if you are worried about an "electrical surge" damaging  your lap top use a "power surge adaptor" available in any PC shop.

3. In the dry season ( 8 months of the year ) - it can get up to
30C with zero humidity. In the rainy season it will get very wet - so be prepared for rivers running down the roads/mud etc:

Thanks a lot ehiopia007 maybe I should prepare the rubber boots

hi Yuji,

1. Supply water good, but sometimes there's problem, like no water for a few days. you can make stock or buy water in tousands litre (one drum).
if you have some allergies, better you bring some medicine, like ointment, and other own medicine.
bring also sun protection for ur body

2. here the electricity sometomes not stable, but you can buy portable generator.

3. Bring sweater, rubber boot, etc

feel free to contact me if you already here. see you