How to look for a job in Kuala Lumpur as an expatriate from India?

Hi all,

I am a software engineer working in Bangalore India.  I came to Kuala Lumpur before I love this city and it gives me a great exposure here in terms of living and working environment. I am planning to move to this city.  I would like to get some advise from you all how do I start sourcing for a job in Kuala Lumpur. Do I look for recruiting company to help sourcing?

Hope to get some advise from you all.

Thank you.

Just get a job before you arrive. If you are a good software engineer you will get something - best to use your own contacts you must have built up. Or approach suitable companies directly. You could also try michael page (recruiting agency) new here but Malaysia is a very immature market jobwise. Employers hate paying for recruiting. Waste of money!

Thanks for the advise. I dont have much contact here, I guess i will have to go with recruiting agency. Thank you very much anyway.

Check jobstreet.com. Good luck

Jobstreet is generally useless for expats. All for locals or those with PR / malaysian spouses etc. In IT worth using to get names of big companies hiring maybe but applying "cold" never a good idea in Malaysia best to find someone who knows someone.

What I meant by contacts is in India with big companies that may need people or know people in Malaysia. Chances are higher in IT of getting work. Good luck!