Moving to Bahrain with my family looking for information

Hello to everyone,
My family and I should be moving toi Manama end of August 2012, I have two teenagers,14 and 16, se are currently living in France. I'm looking for some information about what life is lie in Barhain: schools, Best areas toi live in, things to do.
Mu daughter(14 yrs) has been doing classical dancing for a few years, could anyone recommand a dancing school?
And my son (16yrs) plays  a lot of  tennis and se are also looking for a tennis club.

Thank-you very much for your answers.

Hello lfreschi04.

Welcome to Expat.com!

Your post has been moved to Bahrain forum for better visibility.

You can go through the various discussions on the Bahrain forum. There are lots of informations on cost of living and schools.

You can also post an advert in the Bahrain classifieds concerning the tennis club (Activities section)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi lfreschi04 ... Welcome to the Forum & In Advance Welcome to Bahrain :)

Actually, I would agree to what AurélieZ just mentioned, as the Forum is full of similar topics that if you go through, it might answer all of your questions and enlighten you with regard to how life looks like in Bahrain.

Feel free to get back to us with any specific questions that you didn't find any answer for it in the Forum and we would be very glad to answer your queries and supply you with all the necessary information you need.

Best Regards,

Hello lfreshi04 and welcome to the forum,

For AurélieZ and Vidodido comments : :one

Being French, I assume you speak French as well... Maybe you didn't notice there is a French part of this forum. Just clic on the French flag (top right of the page) to switch. It's not a translation of that forum, but a different one where you might find some French moms to help :D
In the French section, you also have many articles in the "Guide" that might help.

Feel free if you have any further questions, we'll try our best to help.

Cheers and hope to see you soon on our archipelago ;D

Olivier

Hi

For french speaking ppl school is located in Busatain, French School, close to Airport
first of all you have to decided, where you want to stay, where is office location, how abt about their schooling, British School of Bahrain located in Hamala near Saudi Causeway and all compound villa beautiful villas surrounded by the school, another St Chris School located in Esa Town, most of family stay in Sar / Janabya / Jasra / Hamala because of Compound Villas...

There are many cubs, Dilmun club, Country Club all are located in Sar and most of the western expat are living in these areas

Juffair, Mahooz, Seef, Awaj island also nice location to stay.

Should you need any further information about to live in, please feel free to contact me Mob: 34355294

Thank you
Muhd

Hi Ifreshi,

You will have a good life in Bahrain. I'm in Bahrain since 10 years. They have all kids of schools. Life is easy here comparing to other parts of the world. Just try to stay away from Shia areas as occasionally they tend to cause small riots.

Apart from that, you have nothing to worry about. You & your family are gana have fun.

Regards,
Lulu

the  best  place i  think is ...
juffair ,adliya , busaiten , new Hidd , amwaj
and u will come to our country :)

[Moderated: Off topic. Please recommend into Bahrain Business directory]

I am Aqeel Khan from . I am  Pakistan No.1 in men's singles and men's doubles from 12 years.  my highest ranking in ATP was 349 . i am representing Pakistan in the Davis Cup for the last 12 years and played Davis Cup world group qualifying in the year 2005 for the first time in the history of Pakistan Tennis. played 4 Asian games, Commonwealth game and 1st Islamic Game at Saudi Arabia and won two gold medals.

I am hitting partner of a sirlanka davis cup team. I trained many  top player of my country.

I am looking forward to come to bahrain in September for tennis coaching. If any one interested in taking a lesson please contact me on my  email

I can teach beginner and adult any level of a player and any age .   
[email protected]

with best regard

aqeel khan