25K SAR - A good number to move to Riyadh?

I am considering an offer in Riyadh fetching me 25K SAR per month (incusive oif everything).  I am moving with my wife and have no children and hence a studio / 1BR apartment should do good (in compound  or otherwise around Indian community).  My work place will be around King Fahd road.  Kindly give me an idea on if the offer is good enough that I can make good savings.

Jimmy

ya it very attractive  number u can have 2 bed r single room in any compound ... but indian community in riyadh is mostlly living in very substandard localties ,, so prefer to live in compound at any cost ,,, because ur package is nice u can afoard ,, also live outside the compound is nothing ...

I see a whole now forming in the wall from the constant head banging :(

Very  nice package, lots of  saving potential. You  could look at  staying  at  a Hotel that offers long  stay packages.

Thanks friends... I am going ahead with the offer but need more assistance on costing around accommodations

Appreciate if you could suggest few options along with the costing.  I am fine with 1BR / studio accommodation also

Hi   it  depends  where  u  will  be working  , but  if  you  in Riyadh here are  two  options to  consider.

Al-Marken Suites  -  very  nice
Riyadh - Olaya Main Street, Opposite Hyper  Panda
Tel 4539424 / 4539425 (look  up the code  when  phoning  from outside  of the kingdom  - the code  for Riyadh is 01)

The  other  is Manazil Al-Nukhba  I  do  not  have the contact  details but  perhaps u  could google it.

Good Luck

Thats great thanks.  Also, do you think 25K SAR is good enough for relocating to Riyadh for a family of 2

How is the nightlife in Riyadh... Not hoping too much though

Riyadh comes to life at  night but  all the night  life happens at  the m,alls, as  far  as I  know.

I  am  not the right  person to  answer u  tho  as we  have not  been out  much  at  night, it  will  be our  second weekend  here  , tomorrow.

I  do not  have children, but  the salary  offered to you  is high and  you  should manage. If the company can offer you  accomadation  or subsidise  you,  you  will  be even  better  off.

We  find shopping  for clothes  and  food expensive in the malls, so  u  should go to the souks and  local  stores to do your  shopping.

Thanks.

Also, do you think 25K SAR is good enough for relocating to Riyadh for a family of 2.  Besides, how easy / difficult it is to find a decent accommodation with few amenities like GYMand swimming pool.  How is the nightlife scene in Riyadh... Not hoping too much though

25K SAR is inclusive of housing.  Would it still be a good number?

Can you not decide that for yourself - are you just fishing

Its really difficult to find info around the cost of living there so... Appreciate your assistance.  Alos, am not really fishing....:-)

rajim wrote:

Thanks.
How is the nightlife scene in Riyadh... Not hoping too much though

Hahahaha - Very Sleepy !!! ;)

Any thoughts around quality of accomodation outside of compound as compounds are really expensive

rajim wrote:

Any thoughts around quality of accomodation outside of compound as compounds are really expensive

It again depends, the area you would be looking and the budget you would have. But I presume, you can have a decent accommodation available for 30-35K SAR/Annum.

Thanks and do you think 25K SAR is average or below average remuneration as per local standards there

rajim wrote:

Thanks and do you think 25K SAR is average or below average remuneration as per local standards there

Depends on lots of variables !!! :)

Still if you could give me a rough estimates it should really help

Hi! Man... Let me try to handle to the extent I can!
I just moved after staying 6 yrs in Mumbai , to Riyadh 2 weeks back. So here goes :-
1. Life here isn't as socially active as Mumbai , no pubs / clubs , Movies, Theatres etc. So either u need to make new friends in office , online etc. Malls are major hangout.

2. 25K is decent salary for 2 , though not amazing..... enough to live a sought of middle class life here , since I guess ur no 1 priority wud be saveing some greens ;> .  Depends also on ur line of work , u need to be atleast double ur Indian salary to consider , I hear salary hikes are not more then 2-5% here.

hope this helps....

Rajim,

Do you which area your employer is based in Riyadh?

The salary SR 25K is a decent salary, but will you be getting any other benefits?

It is common here to have accomodation allowance, transport allowance on top of basic salary.

Housing outside of compound will be SR 18K to SR 40K on average depending on area, size and condition. Beaware that you will be paying 6 months rent in advance. Housing is not furnished, so you will also have to buy furniture. (you need to budget for these).

Alternative is furnished apartment, which is normally on a monthly basis which costs around SR 6K per month.

Nightlife in Riyadh relvolves around eating and shopping.

Hi Folks - thanks a lot for your valued inputs... i am now confused... 25K SAR is the number inclusive of everything... though i will get SAR 2K per month as allowance so net 27K SAR per month.... good to consider the offer though this is around 1.8 times my salary in India