Healthcare in Mozambique

Hi,

how does the healthcare system work in Mozambique ? Is it efficient ?

What are the main differences between public and private sectors?

Is it recommended to purchase private health insurance in Mozambique?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience !

Julien

Hi Julien, not sure if this is too late a response but the difference between the pvt and public health sectors is pretty big. Things are slowly improving, but health care services in most areas of the country are fairly rudimentary. We always urge people to make sure they have health insurance before visiting and contact #'s for those who do medical flights in and to South Africa in the event of an emergency.

Hi llagore!

Thanks for your help!

Armand

Hi,

In order to help expats and soon-to-be expats, we would like to invite you to share your experience on this topic, with updated info on the healthcare system.

Thank you in advance,

Julie
Expat.com Team

Hello  to All in Maputo !
I have been here 5 1/2 years and I belong to a Group which has made arrangements
with a Private Clinic  ( CLINIC 222 ) behind Coop.
It is wonderful arrangement where we contribute 1000.00 mtc every month. ( Insurance )
You can visit the Clinic as many times as you want.
I wonder if this arrangement would benefit Expatblog members.
Worth looking into it !!!

Perhaps somebody in charge of Expatblog here in Maputo can contact me on 845 544 137.
I can give them some more details.
Expatblog members can apply as a Group....

Good Luck.

hi

as the other people said there is a big difference between the public and private clinics.
the biggest problem is if you need to be admitted to a clinic in an emergency you will need to make a deposit in excess of $2,000. i would strongly suggest you join a private scheme.

i have been here 16 yrs and i have opened a medical aid 6 yrs ago called friends health. please feel free to contact Persio on his cel. +258 82 292 6460 or the office +258 82 307 1446 / +258 21 41 54 69.

we look after in excess of 10,000 people country wide