Healthcare in Dominican Republic

Here is a link to MedEvac  https://travelmedevac.com/?orid=1877&am … amp;loop=1

Most of the gringos I know rave about how good the hc is in the dr....... .till something serious happens. Then they go back to 'the world' to get patched up.

Yes that is pretty common.

I have never had any one say to me that the health care is great.  In fact most of the time it sucks.

Bob K

I am luck then, i have had some very good experiences.  I guess for a Canadian used to LONG WAITS getting what I want when I want is unusual.  1 day to get an MRI.  Broken ankle,  via emerg,  no issue at all.   Treatment for car accident,  in the right clinic,  awesome.

hey Julian,thanks for your very kind information,is the private ins very expensive for two persons?
Best regards pugypugy

Do you have a number for an agent that speaks English?

What isnit specifically you are looking for? Part of what I do includes insurance. You can private message me please.

I am interested in local insurance. I'm moving there in March.

Let me know where you end up  and I can help you get insurance Sailing.

I've read that ins is different if you're over 65 (a very, very young 65)
Just how different is it?

Its not offered by many companies. I am putting together a group plan for over 65 year olds.  Let me kmow if you are interested!

I'm interested, let me know when you get it together. Thanks.

hey planner,it is always good to see you working hard to assist the expat community.presently I am 65 and covered by medicare in the U.S. and two months abroad.i will be comfortable with coverage in the D.R. while I'm am there which will exceed the two months travel plan on medicare,i will be interested in the 65 and over plan you are working on.best wishes many thanks for your very kind assistance.pugypugy

Ok guys thanks. I will get pricing to present and those interested can get onboard.

Planner...can you tell me, do people sign up for local insurance if they're just visiting for or only after they've moved and staying for longer than 2 months?  My concern would be that I visit this summer for a few weeks to a month, need health care for some reason and have to try to use my US insurer.  Thanks for info.

Hi Tex,  sorry I missed this earlier.  So if you are coming for a brief time get travel insurance!   You can get both coverage by the day or the week for medical expenses here and you can get travel medical evacuation insurance.

Great Planner,thanks for your very kind assistance ,I will be extremely grateful if you can pass it on so I can check it out.best regards,pugypugy

There is a link to the medevac earlier post and for travel insurance contact an agent where you live.