Work in Riyadh

Friends, am new to the blog as considering to move to Riyadh.  I will need a lot of assistance and am sure this will help as the blog is doing really great I must say - thanks to all the members.  I ahve an offer of SAR 20K.  Is this a good number to move.  Please note I am married and will be moving with my wife.  She is a teacher by profession and wises to continue the same in Riyadh.  Is it possible for her to continue teaching in one of the schools in Riyadh?

Hello rajim.

Welcome to Expat.com!

Your post has been moved and a new thread has been created on the Riyadh forum for better visibility.

Concerning your wife, you can try to post an advert in the jobs in Riyadh section. It can help.

Hope other members will soon be able to help you.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Please check out threads in this category.

https://www.expat.com/forum/423-22-cost … rabia.html

Thanks for all assistance.  I need a lot more on accommodation and how good the offer is?

rajim wrote:

Thanks for all assistance.  I need a lot more on accommodation and how good the offer is?

Hi Rajim, welcome to The Blog :)

About accommodation, I think its not very difficult or costly in KSA. You should be able to find one easily. But as far as possible, negotiate with your employer to provide a good compound / well furnished flat.

Regarding the Offer, it depends on various things - the company, work profile, you current job, hike in salary, etc. which only you can decide and others cannot be the best judge on it.

So relax, read all the threads, and feel free to ask any specific questions..

Thanks Ghanshyam,

On an vaerage, do you feel 24K SAR will be a good number to move.  Also, what are the average rentals for a decent furnished 1BHK / studio.

rajim wrote:

Thanks Ghanshyam,

On an vaerage, do you feel 24K SAR will be a good number to move.  Also, what are the average rentals for a decent furnished 1BHK / studio.

Believe me, it is definitely a good salary in Saudi Arabia. You can save a lot.
Decent furnished apartment should cost you around 3k SR.
Since, I'm based in the Eastern Province, I cannot comment on the housing in Riyadh.
For more details check out the housing section on EB or the website www.expatriates.com

Assalam-o-Alaykum,

I have an offer from a company and wants to come to ryiadh for work from Karachi Pakistan. Please inform if 11000 sr are enough, company taking care of housing, medical and transportation. Plz provide information re schooling, I want to move with my wife and 3 boys.