Feedback to the Madlastokken Hafrsfjord area

Hello,
Can anybody provide me with a feedback as to how the Madlastokken Hafrsfjord area is as regards to housing. I will be moving in the area around first week of June.
Thank you
Ninad

Hello Ninad14.

Welcome to Expat.com!

Can you please introduce yourself? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello Aurelie,
I am Ninad Lele, currently based in Aberdeen, UK. I just graduated as an Oil and Gas Engineer. I have now secured a job based in Stavanger and would be moving there around first week of June. The company has set up an accommodation for me in the mentioned area and wanted to get a feedback regarding it.
Thank you.
Ninad
:)

Im from stavanger. What feedback about Hafrsfjord do you want?

- It is safe (like all of stavanger)
- Relatvely close to the city center

I dont know what kind of info you want, but I would be happy to answar if you have any questions.

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your reply. I appreciate it.
Well, I just wanted to know as to how the area is as far as living is concerned. Things like supermarket, general safety access with a public transport, any sports or leisure facilities and the like.
But I guess most of it is answered in your reply.
Any other inputs/suggestions are welcome.
Thanks again.
Ninad

hello

I dont think you will ever have problem with finding a supermarket in stavanger. They should be close wherever you live in stavanger.

I guess youre apartment must be very close to the madla-amfi center (shopping mall). Here you will find most of what you need (supermarket, training/fittnes studio (the biggest in stavanger) and shops). Busses from this shoppingmall to the center of the city (and other places) is comming and going all the time (so you never need to wait for long). Busses takes about 5 minutes to the city center.