Recommendation: Dětenice - Awesome, real, unique Czech experience!

My wife and I just spent the weekend at Dětenice, and it was *incredible* for both of us!  Imagine, a hotel, castle, brewery and pub established 1307, where all the staff are actors in costume, speaking in the 'old' language.  The people at the front desk asked for our 'funny cards with pictures on them' (passports) before asking if we would pay with the metal circles or the strange plastic cards.  A witch then led us down a candlelit hallway to our rustic room, and the rest was magical!  Amazing entertainment at the pub, breathtakingly good food, top drawer beer, good times had by all.  I don't want to make any spoilers, but if you are looking for a very uniquely Czech experience that's not far from Prague, I can't recommend this enough.  We will *definitely* go back.

Just google "medieval hotel detenice" to read more opinions from others.

I know this place, been doing russian tourist excursions and evenings there... it's very famous among russian-speaking visitors...

by the way, did you go by car and spend the whole weekend there?

Yes we did and it was wonderful!  We were very sad to leave.  There is nothing in America like this that I've ever seen!  Unique memories that will last a lifetime for certain.