Moving to Islamabad

Hi,

Will be moving to Islamabad, Pakistan insha'allah by August 2012 with husband, daughter and in-laws. I don't want to surround myself with typical Westerners as otherwise I would stay in the UK not relocate to Pakistan.

What I am most interested in is how the dress code is in Pakistan. I always wear a hijab but with long tops and skinny fit jeans here in the UK and was wondering if this would look odd in Islamabad or whilst travelling around Pakistan/be practical given the temperature in Summer!!

Am mostly interested in people's experiences in moving to Islamabad from the UK in terms of suggested clothing, any advice etc for easier settling in/places to take young children (play areas/soft play centres etc)

Hello robina.

Welcome to Expat.com.

Hope other members will be able to help you :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello Robina!

In Islamabad you will find a very diverse environment, people wear whatever they feel comfortable in, so you don't need to worry about your dressing. Just you have to take care, it would be very hot and humid when you would arrive in august, for myself I prefer loose cotton clothing in that season.

I don't know the parks that my parents used to take me are still maintained that way or not.

this what is exactly in fashion now days long shirts with skinny jeans and tights till knees or full length,,,, but hijab is not in fashion ,,,, because in Islamabad hijab means pure Islamic abya(bhurka) . or chadar which can cover face and full body. rest of all r ways to do fashion or to  get attention.