Cost of Living in Prague

Hi,

I'll be soon moving to Prague for a job. Can someone let me know what would be a good salary in Prague to stay with family.
What is the cost of living (rental, food, schooling, other entertainments) like?

What is average salary for IT jobs and at a Lead/Architect role?

Any detail on the above asked queries would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Mahendra

Hello Mahendra.

Welcome to Expat.com!

I suggest you to go through the various discussions in the Prague forum - Cost of living theme. It might help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi,

I went through the forums but couldn't get much information on the actual cost of living (food, rents, travel,etc..) and schooling part....

It would be great if anyone can help providing these details.

Regards,
Mahendra

Mahendra,

food in Prague is not expensive,nor the restaurants. Renting 2-bedroom apartment in vicinity of the centre (i.e. within 15 minutes   to the centre by public transport)would cost 800-1100 EUR per month, 3-bedroom apartment would cost 1000-1400 EUR per month. Typical neighbourhoods popular by families are Dejvice and  Hanspaulka in Prague 6 or Vinohrady in Prague 2 or Podoli in Prague 4. All the mentioned areas are served by underground (called Metro in Prague) and trams.

Re sallary - what kind of IT job is it? The range is from 30,000 Kc per month to 90,000 Kc per month (net sallary), 1 EUR = 25 Kc.

Pavel

Hi Mahendra,

I am working for a IT firm in Prague, came with my family in 2011.

Avg Salary for a Lead should be ranging from 70k to 90k Net.

You can drop me a mail for your doubts before moving to Prague.

You can also find me at FB: Vikram Lingampalli.

Regards,
Vikram