Medical for visa

I have been asked to get a medical for my post in a Jeddah hospital.
However I am told my GP should be registered with the FCO foreign commonwealth office.
Dispite call them and the dept of health and a million other government bodies I can still find no one who knows about this FCO register!
Has anyone else applied for a visa just using their regular GP? Have you had problems?
I'm at a stand still with it all now!
HELP (again please)

Ally1602 wrote:

I have been asked to get a medical for my post in a Jeddah hospital.
However I am told my GP should be registered with the FCO foreign commonwealth office.
Dispite call them and the dept of health and a million other government bodies I can still find no one who knows about this FCO register!
Has anyone else applied for a visa just using their regular GP? Have you had problems?
I'm at a stand still with it all now!
HELP (again please)

Hi, I'm quite certain you can't go to your regular GP for your medical.  All the Brits I know ended up making a trip to London.

If you use the Google Custom Search box, top right, you can find many answers yourself.  I just found this one for you, using the words 'british medical visa saudi arabia' (scroll down to Nelson 17):

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=34513

Hey Alley,

Hope ur doing great, I guess one way to find out would be to contact "approved travel agencies on saudi embassy's panel". These guys process visa's and other related documents too. Atleast these agencies would answer phone calls and may provide better direction.
Check the link for contact details.
Wish ya all the success.

Regards,
Riz

http://portal.mofa.gov.sa/Detail.asp?In … mID=100853

Thanks for the help! I've been onto the KSA embassy website and got some clarification.
My understanding so far is any gp can carry out the medical but these forms then need to be legalized by the foreign office. In Milton Keynes.
I'm going to call them on Monday/Tuesday to double check my understanding is correct!
I'll update when I know more.