Female single contract, but husband on iqama?

So, I need some clarification in order to avoid problems if I accept an offer from a  Saudi school...

The school is saying the contract is a single contract, but they will "assist" with my husbands visa and that he "can stay" in the housing provided. However, it seems like theyre saying he will be listed as a dependent on my iqama. Does this sound right?

Can i have a single contract, but still have my husband on my iqama as a dependent? Or are they trying to trick me and it will be a visitors visa? They did say he would be a dependent, but I'm just making sure this is even possible. Like is the contract connected to the iqama???

Someone else might have another answer more to your advantage, but I would that a single status visa is exactly what is says. This has just happened with a friend. She was issued a single visa and when she came out she was told that they would bring her husband later and he would be sponsored on her iqama. Now that she has arrived and been here 6months, spoken to everyone she knows, guess what he is not coming on anything other than a visit visa. Single status is single status as far as I have ever known.

And one other thing doesn't ring quite true, this business of him 'staying' with you.  It's almost always segregated housing.  If you're set up in women's housing--which you would be on a single contract--he can't be there.

LoopyLou87 wrote:

Someone else might have another answer more to your advantage, but I would that a single status visa is exactly what is says. This has just happened with a friend. She was issued a single visa and when she came out she was told that they would bring her husband later and he would be sponsored on her iqama. Now that she has arrived and been here 6months, spoken to everyone she knows, guess what he is not coming on anything other than a visit visa. Single status is single status as far as I have ever known.

This is what I was afraid of...them saying one thing, then it turning out to be another.

Alliecat wrote:

And one other thing doesn't ring quite true, this business of him 'staying' with you.  It's almost always segregated housing.  If you're set up in women's housing--which you would be on a single contract--he can't be there.

actually, a guy who used to work at the school told me the housing was actually not segregated. The same building for men and women...pretty reliable source. Its some building/place near Rashid mall.

Yes it sounds right,before I came to Riyadh I been advised by the Cultural Attache for the Saudi Embassy in Ottawa to add my family as dependent so they will be allowed to come on my Iqama and after that they can leave any time but they've to return to renew their Iqama only.

I agree with @LoopyLou87. Don't agree on verbal commitments & insist on availbility of family status on the intended visa/contract.