Visa's and marriage to UK national

Hey all,

My Serbian wife and I would want to go back and visit our in-laws in UK once in a while, but have no idea, or have been given no advice as to which visa she needs to apply for.
We have no wish to resettle or relocate back to UK at the present time, so we're not looking for any IDL considerations.
World Bridge are next to useless for information, unless you want to pay for a $13 phone call for it (dont get me started on that one!) as is the UK Border Control website.

She has had a UK and US visa before, in fact her UK visa only expires in a few weeks! Any help for previous experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Hello Pete_P_UK.

Welcome to Expat.com.

Hope you will soon get responses.

Good luck,
Aurélie

Dear Pete,

I had been told that any person who marries British Citizen, will get Spouse visa and then Indefnite time to Live. I usually check with Globalvisas for any enquiry. Please check the below link Global Visa Uk Migration

My Apologies, if you are already aware of it.
-Anand

If you are only going to visit and not stay permanently, it sounds like she will need a visitors visa.  You can read more about the visitors visa and how to obtain them here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas … /visiting/

Hope that is helpful!

You just needa  tourist visa but apply up front. Maybe a multi-entry visa?

Not automatic know one guy who had his conservative Muslim (and highly paid manager) wife with a head scalf on being told she was a prostitute for marrying a brit and refused! (British Consultate are full of rascist nutters off of "Come fly with me")

Hey all, thanks for your help. Yeh, a tourist visa is required for short term stays, and be done over a variety of lengths from shortest, 6mnths, to longest 5yrs for different prices.
If we wanted to stay and resettle in UK, then spouse visa can be applied for, and after 24 month probation, ILS can be applied for.
But essentially, there's no special "married to a UK national" visa, just the standard tourist one.