Just moved to riyadh

hey everyone, i just moved here to riyadh, and im hoping to make some friends in the area, and can someone pls tell me what do single ppl do for fun around here?

we read all the other threads asking what there is to do here :)

Freshlikesushi wrote:

so you read them, now how will this info you provided about reading all the other posts regarding the same subject is gonna help me?

Isn't *reading all the other threads* a bit exaggeration @FLS? :)

@eng.moe, making use of google custom search box on right upper side of bar will help.

eng.moe wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

so you read them, now how will this info you provided about reading all the other posts regarding the same subject is gonna help me?

Its more a....go read the 100 other threads asking the same exact questions.

eng.moe wrote:

now how will this info you provided about reading all the other posts regarding the same subject is gonna help me?

It's going to help you because it means you will get the information you seek. 

Or is it that you want personalized attention? :rolleyes:

work . sleep,,, eat .. and if u hv habit to seped do shopping .. low class brands on high prices ,, what else we can do in this dead country? nothing u just keep in mind u had only life before entring in to ksa ,, ...

lol.....thx for the advice

desertlifestyle wrote:

work . sleep,,, eat .. and if u hv habit to seped do shopping .. low class brands on high prices ,, what else we can do in this dead country? nothing u just keep in mind u had only life before entring in to ksa ,, ...

I spend most of my time mjaking up things to do, drinking tea & talking absolute crap to the other cranky old ex pats in my compound.
Livin' the dream!

Hi

Well hopefully you will have read all the other posts and seen what there is to do --or rather not to do!!

There was a great Brit lady --Rebecca doing Zumba and Boot camp classes that were well attended by ex pats --but due to the usual beaurocracy etc it had to be stopped!!!
Hash is OK if you want to spen time on a Friday walking around the desert. The hash in other gulf countries is a great way to mix and have a good time- but once again the laws of the land here makes it restrictive.
I live on DQ but the pool is banned to men on a Friday !!!!!
The club is extra for folks living on DQ if you are not embassy based.
I am lucky that I have contacts on other compounds but it is like getting into Stalag !!!!

For me the only relief is that I am out of here every 30 days and leave every 2 months!!!
In KSA you work, eat, sleep and basically count the days to leave! Sad i know , but that basically is it in a nut shell.

That is just my thoughts and not maybe of everyone

Regards

Trev

As of now my only pass time is playing sports.... I live with lot of Filipinos and they invite me to play basketball and my Indian friends we play cricket... so if u r a sports playing guy just shout out to u r colleagues or some folks who share same sporting interests in this blog nd organize a game after dat u can go out for some coffee or something.... As there is nothing much to do here anyway better to look good after u go back to u r country hahaha datz watz in my mind anyways cheerzz....:D

...start a hobby and learn at home...except for any musical instrument that creates a lot of noise...