Teaching in Isa Town Bahrain

Hi everyone

I am new to the forum.  I have been offered a teaching position at a school in Isa Town.  I am from South Africa.  I am single and will be moving there in August.  I have a 19 year old daughter who will remain in South Africa.  I am naturally, a little concerned about the safety of woman who are alone in a foreign country.  I would also like to know about cable or satelite TV?  Is this available in Isa Town?  How would one go about getting it and does anyone know how much it costs a month?  I have tons of other questions, but will stop here for now.

Thanks so much for your help.
Looking forward to chatting to others who live there or teach in Bahrain as well.

Mandy

Hi Mandys ... Welcome to the Forum and In Advance Welcome to Bahrain :)

I hope soon enough you will be getting some feedback from Lady Expats teaching in Bahrain, I'm sure this will help enlighten your path.

Cable/ Satelite TV are available everywhere in Bahrain and Furnished Apartments are usually provided with Cable/Satelite TV so you don't have to worry much about that :)

Let us know in case of any other questions you may have, will be glad to share our thoughts with you :)

Good Luck,

Regards,

Hi Mandy and welcome to the forum,

Life in Bahrain is perfectly OK for women. It's a safe place and Bahrainis are extremely respectful if you just forget about the dozens of single guys that are drooling when a lady expat is publishing a message that she's looking for friends :(
But even if men will be men, drooling is harmless and I've not heard any stories of ladies being disrespected here.

As far as the satellite/cable thing VidoDido said it well, the offer is wide and large and you'll find want you want very easily here.

Furthermore, the South African community is very well represented so I'm 100% sure that you'll make friends very fast and almost feel home after sometimes :D

Just be ready for the heat... In August it's hot AND humid... It's the worst month of the year as far as the weather is concerned !

Cheers

Olivier

Thank you so much for the information.  I look forward to chatting in the future.

Mandy

VidoDido wrote:

Hi Mandys ... Welcome to the Forum and In Advance Welcome to Bahrain :)

I hope soon enough you will be getting some feedback from Lady Expats teaching in Bahrain, I'm sure this will help enlighten your path.

Cable/ Satelite TV are available everywhere in Bahrain and Furnished Apartments are usually provided with Cable/Satelite TV so you don't have to worry much about that :)

Let us know in case of any other questions you may have, will be glad to share our thoughts with you :)

Good Luck,

Regards,

Hi there

Thank you so much for the information and replies.  I look forward to chatting to you  the future.  Thanks for taking the time to reply to my message. 

Mandy