The real Dirty Picture?

A letter to Etisalat

Hi

I had registered for E-life at the beginning of the year for the 1 year promotional package of 1 Mbps connection which is charged at AED 189. I was persistently troubled by one of your Call Centre agents to subscribe for E-Life stating that it is compulsory for every one to take it. Upon her constant annoying calls to take up the package I subscribed to it. Upon application when I asked her if I will be able to switch back to my Al Shamil connection I was told that I will only be required to pay AED 100 of downgrading fee & I will be able to switch back to my Al Shamil. Now that I do not want the package I'm being told that I cannot downgrade to the Al Shamil service for no good reason & also if I downgrade I will have to pay the discount difference of AED 100 for every month & the next cheapest package is an E-life connection for AED 189 which is as good as an expired carton of milk.

Furthermore, one of my close relatives had an opportunity to work for your Call Centre (the department which deceived me into getting the E-life package); & during his induction he was told & I quote

"When you are selling the package to the people just tell them about the downgrade fee of AED 100 & DO NOT tell them about the discount difference that you will have to pay upon discontinuing the package"

Now if that is the manner in which you wish to go about your bussiness then it just a shame how the-so called biggest telecom provider in the UAE lacks any sort of integrity & decency.

Having lived for 18 years in this country I thought it had improved a lot, but it is such acts of such a reputable business as yours that truly reflects what it has become.

I hope that you can atleast practice some professionalism when conducting bussiness & teach your employees as well some of it.

With true disappointment
XYZ

That's very strange.. I have always found Etisalat very professional when it comes to customer care. I am not an Emirati so you don't think I am biased when I speak.
From dealing with Etisalat (longer than u) it is a known fact that any package you apply for will have to be taken for at least 1 year before you can downgrade. Maybe that's where the extra charges come from. On their site, it is plainly stated that if at any time before a year had passed and you want a downgrade, you will have to pay extra charges...ok..why? I'll tell you. Usually when u get a new package, certain discounts come with it for the first few month.
Now some people want to take advantage of those few months only then go back to their original packages which is not profitable for Etisalat so they make you pay the extra fees to downgrade to compensate themselves. I hope you understand what I am trying to say.
One more thing. If you have an issue with Etisalat, you should take it up with them directly. You can post on their facebook page or email support from within their site or, even better, talk one on one and call 101.
Posting here won't get your problems solved.
Good luck.

Do you really think them telling their employees not to disclose to people about the difference amount they will have to pay upon cancellation is professional? Further, when you do actually speak to them about it they will not be ready to listen to your problem, will somehow try to put the blame on you & the time they take to process a complaint seems to be like forever. The T&Cs pertaining to a contract if not told over the phone should atleast be conveyed to us otherwise. You do not expect everyone to have the time to go on their website & read the T&Cs all the time.

Listen. I am just saying, if you want this straightened out, you will have to talk to someone who can actually help you. Call 101. That's easy enough, don't u think?
As to ur friend and what he is saying about holding back info. this doesn't sound like Etisalat at all. If they wanted to hide such info. why publish all those facts on their website?

Look at this page:

http://www.etisalat.ae/eportal/en/perso … rview.html

and look at this pic. Everything is available and made easy to get support:

http://s13.postimage.org/pu9kg873r/etisalat.jpg

Again, good luck.

Sure, Thanks!