Cost of Living Kaula Lumpur Selangor Area.

I have job offer @Kuala Lumpur, Selangor area. I would like to know cost of living for an Indian family with one kid near this area. I have offered 6k/month on hand. How much can I save per month & is it comfortable.

You can live off that but no holidays or savings and kids at local school (Malay needs to be learnt) Average salaries in selangor are about 7k a month so you are under average and have children. If you want to sent children to private school that will cost you 3k per month per child in secondary. You do the maths! Actually you are being seriously underpaid

Thanks for the information. My kid is @3 years, so next one year needs to be @playschool and what could be chances of working my wife as teacher. she is B.sc computers graduate and good in English & Tamil & Telugu languages.

gullebbi wrote:

Thanks for the information. My kid is @3 years, so next one year needs to be @playschool and what could be chances of working my wife as teacher. she is B.sc computers graduate and good in English & Tamil & Telugu languages.

Hi she could work in one of the many "international"'schools that are around but not in a state school. She can work without a work permit on a social visit visa if she takes an offer letter to immigration and they will stamp her visa allowed to work. However few employers know this. Salary would be 3k a month