I am new, need friends

Hi, i am 33 f lives in jakarta. I'll be really gladful to know some expatriates friends. Especially the guys.

Jolly nice to meet you.
I don't get much spare time but best of luck in your quest.

I am 33 f a chinese, indonesian. And u?

susisari wrote:

I am 33 f a chinese, indonesian. And u?

I'm a confused British chap.

"33 f"
What does the "f" stand for?

f for female... right, susisari?

yes, i am a female,catur.
How old r u? i don't know.haha, to both of u.

That's why I'm confused. You're using the male avatar.

You can change it in control panel.

EDIT - I'm an ancient 49 years of age. (But look very young and sexy..... according to my wife when she wants something)

hi susisari.....nice to meet you........welcome to Expat.com....

hahahha.... the ancient mas Fred!!!... I am older than this ancient creature, susisari... feel free to check my profile... I am a newbie too here...

I'm going to feel really old tomorrow.
Immigration first then polda.
After that, a walk to the train station.

Why do u need to walk to the train station?
Haha, i'd bet u r really sexy, yea.
I've given my photo, i don't know what's the problem, can not show up here.Can someone help me?
Thanks for the welcome. I kind of need it. :)

I don't have to walk. I could grab a taxi but I like to walk.
The fat burning off would be good news but it's the potential to get interesting photos that drives me not to be driven to the station.
I like to find the hidden city - the place even locals never see.
I'm getting pretty good at it.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 573#527221

This is really posted for expats who don't know the country yet but I've had some interesting comments from Indonesians.
The full version is on another site and has been running for over four years.
I may get round to posting the older photos on here.

Sexy, I am not.
I may have been 20 years and 20 kg ago, but no longer.

PS  - Your avatar is showing fine.

I have problems too, everytime I try to change my profile picture... it is always back to the first picture... don't know why....

Hi catur, do not hesitate to contact us for any query.;)

Harmonie.

thx a lot Harmonie...

Yea, the pic is fine now.

Huh? U...r...older? How old r u?
Hahahaha...

catur wrote:

hahahha.... the ancient mas Fred!!!... I am older than this ancient creature, susisari... feel free to check my profile... I am a newbie too here...

susisari wrote:

Huh? U...r...older? How old r u?
Hahahaha...

catur wrote:

https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php?id=420552

will answer all your questions.

(She was born in 1980 but, shhh, a gentleman should never mention a lady's age.)

She's into photography as well. Sounds like a lovely lady.
I was tempted to a new camera yesterday.
My old one is fine but you should see the upgraded model.
A massive optical zoom, way better auto focus and smaller than mine.
If only I wasn't scared of my wife, I'd buy it. :D

hahahhahaa..... cheers to your wife mas Fred!!!!

She does a lovely lady.
The last camera i had ever held was the one when i took to the concert. It was a long time ago. Perhaps i was at 12.

susisari wrote:

She does a lovely lady.
The last camera i had ever held was the one when i took to the concert. It was a long time ago. Perhaps i was at 12.

I had a brief love affair with cameras a few years before I left the UK.
I played with black and while photos and developed them myself using an old Russian made developer. I got reasonably good but ran out of things of interest. I suppose that was down the the perceived "normality" of life in the UK.

Indonesia is a different world and everything is of interest.
I've been here five years and still find something new every day. Of course, I have to go down back streets to find most of the really odd stuff now but that just adds to the fun.

Living in the new country must be hard. U r wandering until here, there must be the reason. Sometimes i think someone want to get out of their country because of they r bored of their country, but sometimes i think of another reason (like he or she is an adventurous, a spouse, their job enables them to move out to another country.
I admire ur bravery. It is not enough just 5 years to understand a country's culture, the lifestyle etc. Wish u good luck in exploring.

I'm not brave, just mad. :D

Five years has given me a fair idea of what makes Indonesia tick.
I wander where tourists don't so get to know the place pretty well.

I'll bet mas Fred know jakarta better than me... a lot....

I don't know the city very well at all but I'm working on it.
I rarely venture into the centre but enjoy the jaunt when I do.
Last week saw me messing around in Polda for ages so I never made it to imigrasi.
No loss judging by the reports I heard of the event.
I did manage some interesting photos of the inside of polda as the lads were readying for riot control and I had a really nice walk back to Palmerah.
That 'Outback steak house' is a jolly nice place to eat.
I wonder how many cows it takes to make one of their burgers.
The meals are as big as they are delicious and they're very big.
I wandered in for lunch as I wanted to look for a couple of things in that plaza.
Didn't find what I wanted but it was worth the detour to take lunch in that restaurant.