The Great Plug Heist

I am newly arrived in Riyadh and it seems there are no plugs(in sinks) here. Why is this? Even plumbing shops don't seem to have them. Is there some idea that running water is clean or something and stagnant water is not?

Evening Star

PS I have discovered that plastic bottle tops work well!

I have bought from Saco World before ... No doubt these little nik nak shops you drive past along the roadsides will hae as well - they have everything in those - and if they don't have it now they'll get it for you tomorrow :)

I think in saco

General opinion in these parts is that baths are unclean but showers are clean so plugs aren't freely available. Also water is at a premium too.

I carry a half tennis ball when I travel, the best and cheapest universal sink plug that there is.

Hasn't it been proven that a bath requires less water than a shower?  Or is it the other way around? :lol:

They say a shower takes less water but because they say this I spend longer under the shower just to prove them wrong!

I've also discovered those green plastic bottle tops work well as a plug on Saudi sinks.

Evening star