Looking for information about professional life in Kuala Lumpur

Hi All,

I will be by the end of the year in Kuala Lumpur. And I dread a little life there. Specially professional life. I will follow my husband who was expatriated there and I wonder if there are job opportunities for me (in financial field-audit). Knowing that my English level is intermediate.

I'm 24, I have a master's degree majoring finance & Bank and two years of work experiences in one of the big four audit firms (one year as a trainee and the second year as a financial auditor). are there job opportunities for me?

Hello Mellysime!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Did you tried to post an advert in the section -> Jobs in Kuala Lumpur? It might help.

Good luck,
Aurélie

Try price Waterhouse Coopers

You can work as long as you get a letter signed by immigration, thats the assumption that you will be on a dependents pass.

Yes easier to get permission to work now BUT most employers don't know this. Pwc is all Chinese workers if I remember correctly - most employers employ on racial lines mostly and is a big problem in Malaysia so they may be reluctant. However it just depends on your experience and whether they need it. Two years make you very junior though and salaries are low as I understand it. I guess you don't have an accountancy qualification - a masters in finane is useless professionally in auditing in most countries Inc Malaysia. You could try the audit firms and accountancy jobs within companies that deal with your home country especially if they need the language skills or local standards skills. There are loads of ACCAs in Malaysia and ACAs to a lesser extent so not a shortage skill.