French Courses

Hello Everyone,
I just moved to Bordeaux and I am planning to start french classes at Alliance Francais in June. I have previously taken alliance courses in Canada and I really like their method.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on other french courses in Bordeaux. I've searched the local universities (2,3&4), but it doesn't appear that they offer courses over the summer. Budgeting is an issue and I would really like to spend less than 1,000 euros on a course for the whole summer.

Laila

Hi Laila and welcome to Expat.com!

Why don't you post an advert in the language classes section of Bordeaux classifieds? It may help.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Laila,
It seems that they do it in Bordeaux3 from July 2 to 27th, it's a summer intensive workshop, called the DEFLE
I leave you the link http://www.u-bordeaux3.fr/fr/l_universi … d_ete.html
Maybe have a look also at the Greta website or the CEL but I think they teach only English language.
Also if you want I can help you with the language, it may not be as good as a teacher but as a French native I believe my level is pretty good so I could help you depending on what you want to learn/improve.
Clementine

Sorry, I can't help with this question, but I have another similar question, so I thought I would add it here:

I have been trying to find a course where you just go in the evening once or twice a week, but I can't find anything. There seem to be a lot of intensive courses where people come here to stay for a few weeks just to study the language, but I can't do those as I have to go to work.

Luckily for me, everyone at work speaks English anyway, but still I can improve my French by practicing there, but I would also like some lessons to help with learning grammar properly and things like that.

Does anyone know of such courses that they could recommend?

Thanks!

Paul

Hello!

IŽm going to take an intensive French course at Alliance Française, and it will cost to me 650€ (only July).

paul4291 wrote:

Sorry, I can't help with this question, but I have another similar question, so I thought I would add it here:

I have been trying to find a course where you just go in the evening once or twice a week, but I can't find anything. There seem to be a lot of intensive courses where people come here to stay for a few weeks just to study the language, but I can't do those as I have to go to work.

Luckily for me, everyone at work speaks English anyway, but still I can improve my French by practicing there, but I would also like some lessons to help with learning grammar properly and things like that.

Does anyone know of such courses that they could recommend?

Thanks!

Paul

According to their website, Alliance Francais has 5-7.5 hour/week courses during the "school year" (September to June) but for July and August they only offer the intensive courses.

http://www.alliance-bordeaux.org/cours- … ifique.htm

I took the DEFEL courses and they where great.  Usually about 15 hours a week and it was roughly 1000euro.  I know that the fall classes will start in late August. A friend of mine is coming over from America to study French w/DEFEL.  But you must register early for DEFEL.