Secondary schools in Malta...help please!!!

HOW!!!!!do you get clear information on how to go about enrolling a child in secondary school in Malta?
I have a 10yr old son, which means he needs to start form 1 but have had no reply from dept of education!!! Its sooooooo frustrating. Ive phoned schools directly but they refer me to the dept. We are going to be based in or around st. Pauls Bay, does it go by catchement area?? or can you choose one anywhere??? If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated!

Hi Ella2,

a Maltese friend , a private school teacher , told me that you have contacted the right address . It might take a few try's though here in Malta . The student will then be allocated to a public school that provides free transportation and school books.

She suggested to also consider a private school. You would apply directly with the school you choose .She works at the San Anton School in Zebbiegh not that far from St.Pauls Bay.In public schools you might not find too many expat kids . All classes at The San Anton School are co-educational and the fees are around 800,-€ per term ( 4 months). They also provide transportation against a small extra fee.She thinks it would be easier at the beginning especially if your son does not speak Maltese.

Regards

Ricky