Philippines Stopping Filipinas from Leaving As A Tourist?

ryza wrote:

Maybe I'm just still having this trauma when I was denied to Singapore. I'm feeling nervous really but everything will be well(I hope). I hope that the officer that will interrogate me is nice and will really see that me and my boyfriend are genuine. I just want to make sure I have everything they possibly need because well, the round trip tickets I have are so expensive.  Lol.
I don't want it to get wasted again because of the wrong decision of the IO.

And thanks for mentioning me that CFO thing. That's a plus point that I know what to say if they ask me that document:-).  Thank u.

Wooo, I can imagine. So we both have the lovely good start of our new year together with our loved ones.<3

And yes, sure I can tell u everything you wanna know about getting the visa. I'll contact u in the email soon.

:):):)

Everything will be alright Ryza, just be confident and be positive, it's a great advantage that you can show proof of relationship already (your pics together, emails, skype logs, etc) - big PLUS! Soo excited for you! At this time, I need to be busy again and prepare and research everything about the visa. Btw, I can't seem to add/search you in facebook with that email address you gave me. I also have a gmail acct: [email protected].

Pls feel free to contact me! Cheers! :)

I'm glad to find this forum, me and my boyfriend met on a game last year, he's planning to visit here this coming December to meet me, it will be our first meeting, i want to visit him next year at KL, but as what i've heard from my friend who tried to exit the country alone with visit visa and with letter from his friend inviting him to Singapore i'm now having some doubts if i can leave the country for the first time, is there anyone who can advise me what to do for first timers like me?

Hi ,, please read my messages on the topic ,, and also many posts on this subject already the oth

Shaexy wrote:

I'm glad to find this forum, me and my boyfriend met on a game last year, he's planning to visit here this coming December to meet me, it will be our first meeting, i want to visit him next year at KL, but as what i've heard from my friend who tried to exit the country alone with visit visa and with letter from his friend inviting him to Singapore i'm now having some doubts if i can leave the country for the first time, is there anyone who can advise me what to do for first timers like me?

Hé girls ,, please give some feed backs on your experiments !!
So you passed immigration ??? or not ?

That tour visit is planned for next year. And thanks Luc ill look into your previous post :)

LUC TINEYRE wrote:

yes! im 23, and it was my first time to travel outside PH to meet my boyfriend! it was our 1st meeting btw. Shouldn't be hard, just answer them honestly. Bring docs supporting your travel. Stand for your right.

atissad wrote:
LUC TINEYRE wrote:

yes! im 23, and it was my first time to travel outside PH to meet my boyfriend! it was our 1st meeting btw. Shouldn't be hard, just answer them honestly. Bring docs supporting your travel. Stand for your right.

Thanks girl, this gave me enough confidence for visiting him next year..  :)

I am by no means an expert on this topic, but, I thought that Singapore was part of the A.S.E.A.N. community and visas aren't even REQUIRED for travel within that community of countries.I would like to know this myself!

I traveled Malaysia,  last February for the first time alone ( Note: First time solo travel ) I've been to Malaysia before for an internship with group of classmates.  YES.The immigration is so strict with letting solo female traveler board on a plane. They'll ask you questions, plenty, and some proof you are in a safe hand when you reach MY. I had a second interview when the first Immigration Officer referred me for further questioning.  I showed them my return ticket, photocopy of the identification card of my Malaysian friend and invitation letter, letter was not even authenticated by Phil. Embassy in MY and that's it. They will ask how long are you been together, if you have a job, a picture of you together, they would even want a sneak peak of your conversation ( It was not even acceptable, when they get my phone and get into my whatsapp, but by the way she scroll down the conversation, she do it quick, she's not reading it ).
Finally she gets tired and just chop on my passport and let me leave. I was the last person to board and 10 mins. later the plane went for take off. That's how late I am.
Just an advice. Look the Immigration officer straight to the eyes with humility, don't try to show attitude and be sincere. You just want to visit your boyfriend and you're going home after, tell them. Wear something decent.

Marisamars wrote:

I traveled Malaysia,  last February for the first time alone ( Note: First time solo travel ) I've been to Malaysia before for an internship with group of classmates.  YES.The immigration is so strict with letting solo female traveler board on a plane. They'll ask you questions, plenty, and some proof you are in a safe hand when you reach MY. I had a second interview when the first Immigration Officer referred me for further questioning.  I showed them my return ticket, photocopy of the identification card of my Malaysian friend and invitation letter, letter was not even authenticated by Phil. Embassy in MY and that's it. They will ask how long are you been together, if you have a job, a picture of you together, they would even want a sneak peak of your conversation ( It was not even acceptable, when they get my phone and get into my whatsapp, but by the way she scroll down the conversation, she do it quick, she's not reading it ).
Finally she gets tired and just chop on my passport and let me leave. I was the last person to board and 10 mins. later the plane went for take off. That's how late I am.
Just an advice. Look the Immigration officer straight to the eyes with humility, don't try to show attitude and be sincere. You just want to visit your boyfriend and you're going home after, tell them. Wear something decent.

This is how my friends from work advised me too, yes i always backup our conversations so whenever they wanted a proof i can show it to them, good thing is he will visit here first before i visit him to KL, so we can have pictures together and have it as a proof also that he's been my boyfriend for almost a year.

Hi Shaexy!

You have a great advantage because you can show proof or pics (as a couple) since he will be coming over here and visit u first. But then again that's not a guarantee you can pass the IO when u leave alone. I think the bottomline is just tell them honestly your purpose of visit with ur rt ticket for return. If u have a job, show ur employment cert or ID proving u need to go back to ph, or anythng showing ur ties to ph.

But I'm confident u will pass. Just be positive. IOs are trained and they know if u are lying (and they cn smell fear, jokes), just be confident, it will show that u know what u are saying. And just keep it simple. Less talk less mistakes. Just answer what's the question. Don't proactively say things unless necessary. Best of luck to u!!

Shaexy wrote:
Marisamars wrote:

This is how my friends from work advised me too, yes i always backup our conversations so whenever they wanted a proof i can show it to them, good thing is he will visit here first before i visit him to KL, so we can have pictures together and have it as a proof also that he's been my boyfriend for almost a year.

Hi JohnnyBravo,

I believe Singapore is still a visa-free country.

-JohnnyBravo- wrote:

I am by no means an expert on this topic, but, I thought that Singapore was part of the A.S.E.A.N. community and visas aren't even REQUIRED for travel within that community of countries.I would like to know this myself!

atissad wrote:

Hi Shaexy!

You have a great advantage because you can show proof or pics (as a couple) since he will be coming over here and visit u first. But then again that's not a guarantee you can pass the IO when u leave alone. I think the bottomline is just tell them honestly your purpose of visit with ur rt ticket for return. If u have a job, show ur employment cert or ID proving u need to go back to ph, or anythng showing ur ties to ph.

But I'm confident u will pass. Just be positive. IOs are trained and they know if u are lying (and they cn smell fear, jokes), just be confident, it will show that u know what u are saying. And just keep it simple. Less talk less mistakes. Just answer what's the question. Don't proactively say things unless necessary. Best of luck to u!!

Hello atissad,

Yes i think ill be confident coz i know that i'm going out for visit purpose only, i was trying to expect the bad side also so i will not be disappointed if something like re-booking my ticket will happen in thw future so i'll know what to do, but i hope something like that won't happen so it will be less hassle for me, yes i really insisted to him that he should visit me first. Thanks alot girl.

Awesome!

Shaexy wrote:
atissad wrote:

Hi Shaexy!

Hello atissad,

Yes i think ill be confident coz i know that i'm going out for visit purpose only, i was trying to expect the bad side also so i will not be disappointed if something like re-booking my ticket will happen in thw future so i'll know what to do, but i hope something like that won't happen so it will be less hassle for me, yes i really insisted to him that he should visit me first. Thanks alot girl.

I too have experienced about the interrogation of the immigration officer . . My fiance is with me, they were asking if how long are we going to Thailand and questions are:
how did You meet your fiance?
what is his plan ?
Does he sees his future with you?
How long have you been together ?
How often do  you see each other?

Need to show them hotel reservation,return ticket.
(It was my first time getting out of the country)
Be confident. But they only interrogated me on my first flight.

Most people worry about entering to arriving country (especially those with Visa requirement, but for Filipinos, they always worry leaving their own country, This is really double standard to their own people. Typically speaking government will be happy if you leave the country because they do not need to take care of you anymore. That life....

hat happen to me also :)

they offload my flight 2x , because they are really strict... to the filipina for leaving the country.. specially if you just leave philippines for pleaasure and visitong.. they must only allowed if you have visa or your a married to a foriegn guy..  :)

I hope to leave with friends so it will be easier to exit the country..

hello..ive been working abroad for years...kuwait and dubai..last year i travelled dubai for tourism purpose..i had some issues with the immigration officer almost got offload...now im travellign to thailand for the same reason for a week..ill be stayin with my bf..im worried tht i might get offload...my passport is ok..i printed out the hotel details under my bf's name..i have a roundtrip ticket..i dnt think they would think tht im there for prostitution coz im old enought for tht...plus the fact tht i am not sexy..ehheheh...hope u can help me guys...

good news to filipinas. there will be no problem next year coz ASEAN will be one. so travelling within neighboring countries is not a problem anymore... in time ;) for the meantime, enjoy your stay here in the philippines lovely filipinas <3

I have read some news regarding the ASEAN, well it is good if that's the case i will not worry anymore..  :top:

Hello everyone,

I would like to inform you that some off topic / inappropriate posts have been removed from this topic.

We can now concentrate on the initial subject.

Thank you,
Christine

Hi, i am 25y/o and plan to go to Singapore to visit my boyfriend and meet his family on april next year, my Singaporean bf will come here next month and spend a week wit me at Boracay, he's my bf for a year now and his family wants to meet me and ask me to go to Singapore..  what docs i need to show to io's on my departure date? i have RT,company i,d,coec and invitation letter from my bf.. and also my bf plan to come back here on april to accompany me to go to sg, but im still worry about how to go through immigration.. pls help :)

Is it mean that the bureau of immigration won't be too strict for filipina' s  to travel abroad specially to asean countries?

Hi ,, singapore so close ,, you will avoid many problems if ur Bf comes pick u and so your fight naia io together by showing proofs ,, pic ,, facebook chats etc .... Ok ?

Ok thank u Luc. . I have watsapp chat and skype  and pics to show them..  :)

Ok ,, very good ,,
The best is also to show some western union sent to you by the bf !!  ;)

ok thanks, eh can i ask?are they(io's) goin to question us? coz my bf is also a 25 y/o.

hello sis mgkaperahs tau ng situation kaso sutdent palang ako pero ung bf ko since 2101 palang xa na ng paaral at ng supporta sakin plano nmin mgkita this october ganun ba mga hahanapin sakin ktaulad sau xana mabasa mo ang email kong toh salamat .

Hi mslovely,

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English only?

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

hi sis, hmm saan po kau magkikita ng bf mo?and is he a foreign national? if student, i think its easy just show ur school i.d coz that will be the proof that u will go abroad as a tourist only,i don't have much idea but i hope other people here can help you, it is good that ur a student at least immigration officer won't think that u plan to work abroad, show them ur school i.d and other proofs that ur a student. :)

Hello everyone... i was offloaded once but in my second attempt... they allowed me to board on the plane (tourist visa)  last august 5, 2014 thru prayers....to God be all the glory... if u are travelling alone i am 100%sure they will ask many questions... and if ur travelling alone wid ur boyfriend or fiance/e's invitation or sponsorship..pls prepare ur pictures togeder its very very important... his or her work details and pls indicate it in the inviation Letter and make the bank statement of the one sponsored u higher amount as much as he or she can... be confident... be HONEST dont be nervous.. once u let nervousness comes first den its a oh-uh problem.. mental block will be ur main problem... so be confident.. look dem.directly in the eyes... answer them properly... slowly clearly and correctly... dress properly (i was in a very simple attore dat day in pants and polo shirt and  doll shoes... and jaz a little lipstick... hahahahhaha... anyway be prepared and above all PRAY PRAY PRAY Unto God all thibgs are possible especially if it is the will of God... Godbless ur trip and be safe..

Dont tell immig officers that ur meeti g ir bf... jaz make dem believe dat u will shoulder all the expenses... i think pocket mo ey is npt an issue there now.. the issue they will going to raise is dat u didnt meet each other yet in person and u will go out of the country 1st time to.meet ur bf its raising the red flag... jaz be confident... dont tell about meeting ur bf... be consistent in all ir answers and just answer them politely and straightforward... look dem in straight in the eye and presence of mind:) God bless sis vonboyage:)

good grief :D

Well, I believe the key is having a lot of supporting docs and don't lie. Because if you lie to the immigration officers and get nervous, they can obviously sense it and will ask you more questions, and then the worst they will offload you. So just be honest and K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stup!d)

Got back in this forum and just want to thank some pretty fellas over here and glad I helped some with my posts. And I also met Ivy in person, whatta small world. We used to exchange convos here in the forum and coincidentally we  became workmates for a short period of time (I know this is off topic but I just wanna thank expatblog for meeting this interesting wonderful people). Just got my tourist visa granted to Oz, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed again in terms of immigration officers, but it shouldn't be hard. I'll stand my ground, lol!

Cheers! xxA

Hi I am here again, I am now in singapore with my singaporean boyfriend, just wanna share you guys my experience at immigration, my bf gave them our passport, the io stamp it fast then when she see my passport she ask for my company I.d and ask if it's my first time to travel abroad,when I said yes she get a paper and ask me to fill up and get a 2nd interview, on the interview she ask me bout my work and where I will stay and ask for all my supporting documents,she open my watsapp msges and viber and also my Facebook msges.. she said she just want to be sure if I am telling the truth,after 30 mins she call my bf and make him sign a paper that will make sure that my bf will take care of me on my stay at sg.. then she ask a few question to my bf then they let me go, she told my bf "sir pls take care of her" then she smiled.. now I am enjoying my month stay here in sg wit my bf.. ;) oh btw, if u goin to travel the company i.d and Coec will help and a remittance from your foriegner bf will help u to pass the io and support with a lot of pictures together.. hope my post help some filipina that want to travel with their bf.. :)

What's with the weird face???? Is that what you use for profile pic? WOW

canter567 wrote:

What's with the weird face???? Is that what you use for profile pic? WOW

You are going to do real well in the Philippines with that attitude.

jaxshye wrote:

Hi I am here again, I am now in singapore with my singaporean boyfriend, just wanna share you guys my experience at immigration, my bf gave them our passport, the io stamp it fast then when she see my passport she ask for my company I.d and ask if it's my first time to travel abroad,when I said yes she get a paper and ask me to fill up and get a 2nd interview, on the interview she ask me bout my work and where I will stay and ask for all my supporting documents,she open my watsapp msges and viber and also my Facebook msges.. she said she just want to be sure if I am telling the truth,after 30 mins she call my bf and make him sign a paper that will make sure that my bf will take care of me on my stay at sg.. then she ask a few question to my bf then they let me go, she told my bf "sir pls take care of her" then she smiled.. now I am enjoying my month stay here in sg wit my bf.. ;) oh btw, if u goin to travel the company i.d and Coec will help and a remittance from your foriegner bf will help u to pass the io and support with a lot of pictures together.. hope my post help some filipina that want to travel with their bf.. :)

ahahaha ,, goood

January 2015.  My friends gf was denied exit from Manila.  Twice.  They said she had to be sponsored by someone or have enough money.  She had $500 on her but they said it was not enough to stay 14 days.  Now he is going to go and see if they will let her through with him.