Looking at relocating woodworking business + family to Buenos Aires

I work as a free-lance hair & make-up artist (20yrs exp) in our local film & fashion industry and my husband is a cabinetmaker/furniture designer.  We have a woodworking and steelturning concern and would like to find out more about the possibility of bringing this business to Argentina. 

I know that there is definitely quite a bit happening on the film & still production side in Buenos Aires.  It would be great to make contact with the right person who can give me some healthy guidelines as to where to start this journey.  If there is a way to set up a setbuilding workshop for a start...
Should there be a local/expat in the know that is willing to point us in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Annette
:)=)

I do not have any specific answer for you at this time.  I would need a bit more information.  I have been living here for nearly three years now and conduct most of my business here in BsAs and would love to assist you and answer questions.  However, I would need a few more details in order to more effectively answer you question.

This is a wonderful and vibrant city with great opportunity.  So good luck and I think you should be very optimistic regarding your business concept.

Hi Wynn Woods - I have read some of your other posts and I'm really pleased that you have responded to mine!

What kind of details would you need?

Kind regards,
Annette

I think your email covered most things and I will put you in contact with an Argentine architect and a North American interior designer who work here.  They should be able to fill you in better on many of your questions.

Generally speaking, you will want to at least bring in any electronics (computers, etc.) as import tariffs are very high here and you can expect to be about double that you would in the USA or Europe.

Hi Annette,

How are you plans to move to Argentina? How did you decide on Argentina??

I still get nervous if put in front of a camera, so suffice to say I don't know much about film industry myself. Metal and wood industries in Argentina i got to know through the years and might be able to help to shed some light.

Still its difficult, if not impossible to tell you what to do to succeed in a business in Argentina, however I have a network of reliable professional people who can assist you in everything you would need in order to get a foot in Argentina.

Let me know!

Regards

Lukas